Post-Game Talk: Cli(e)nched

alanschu

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
I am so happy we slayed that demon team !! Ugh they were just the worst. Got all the bounces from the very first game of the regular season.

Hearing their fans go on and on about 4-0 regular season blah blah blah, then the game 1 comeback, the comeback in game 4, and again tonight. They just would not die.

So glad it is over. They are dead. What a wonderful feeling.
I have mentioned it a few times in my time on these forums but yeah, Chicago Bulls swept 6 and 0 to Cleveland in 89 season. Bulls win 3 games to 2 on a series winning jump shot by MJ as time expires.

Gotta play the games. Adjustments happen etc.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Another Western Conference Final, let's go!!!!

Out of curiosity, do you guys think we match up better against Dallas or Colorado?

No good answer, as they're both scary AF.

Dallas is odd, where when they're at their peak they're the best team in the West, but they're also far more inconsistent than even the Oil.

I do think they caught a break due to the Nichushkin situation, which seemed to wreck COL's focus.

I think COL matches up better against us, as that offence is just scary when on. Though without Nuke they're a lot less scary.

Dallas plays like the Kings on their best days. Which is scary, see game 4 of this year.
Though IMO the Oilers' defence does match up better vs. a team that likes to lean on you with their size and break you down, vs. the Canucks approach of randomly tossing the puck at the net and having it magically pinball in; or COL's overwhelming speed.

The Oil should be grateful they've gotten to practice on how to contain Doughty over the last few playoffs, because Heiskanen brings the same ability to take over the game from the backend.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Never cared for him as an actor. If your going to star in comedies, you could be at least a bit funny. He never was.
I don't really care that he was at a hockey game and seemed to be enjoying himself - apparently that bugs some people on here.:huh::thumbd:

However, I will say this for him. I've always thought he had a very punchable face.:D

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
...f***ing hell. They had everything locked down defensively, were looking like they were putting it on cruise control and then McLeod completely f***s it up. After swearing a blue streak at the TV I nearly had a heart attack watching the last few minutes. That guy can f*** all the way off man. Thankfully Knoblauch had enough sense to sit him for the rest of it.

Nuge with the clutch goal, and I still think Bouchard got that one they changed to Hyman but whatever. I still have little faith in Skinner, because even though the monumental f*** up was on McLeod, Skinner still had a clean look at the shot and he wasn't terribly out of position or too deep. He could have had that. Just... no faith in that guy, and I maintain that Pickard has been the better of the two even in a much smaller sample size.

Nevertheless they won. Took me a while to revive from the near heart attack and calm down. They looked pretty damn superb defensively all night (minus the last bit). When I see the likes of Draisaitl and Nuge and McDavid dropping to block shots, I know they're all in finally. Holloway finally shows some spark and was noticeably impactful throughout. Ceci, for all the shit he takes (from me just as much as anybody) had a HUGE goal, with a nice shot. And a special mention to the pluggers on the 4th line, who had some very timely shifts in the O zone building up a good cycle and maintaining pressure there. They were chiefly responsible for the Bouchard / Hyman goal I thought.

On to Dallas.. our old nemesis. Frankly have less hope for this series, as the Avs couldn't beat them and they are better than Vancouver. Way to gut out the win, Oilers!

Reactions: McDoused

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Let’s not hold this over McLeods head. Yea it was a rough turnover but he’s played pretty mistake free hockey all playoffs, the double minor and the turnover weren’t his finest moments but he has only been on for two goals against all playoffs. He’s made a lot more good plays than bad this run. Hope he finds the net next series.

We’re going to the WCF no need for whipping boys!

Dallas is deep as hell but they’re beatable!

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
With all kinds of time thats the best he's got. Least he didn't shoot wide I guess.

he should definitely be drawing out. Henrique should be available and gives us skill and ability with puck.
I was just happy he didn’t fall down and take
himself out of the play as the puck came back up ice. Wouldn’t have been the first time he fell down trying to make a move on a breakaway this year and this time the team was short handed while killing a penalty. I’m pretty sure he was thinking this too and wanted to keep it simple.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad