Post-Game Talk: Cli(e)nched

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
That timeout told me two things one we have a coach that gets it finally. And two 30 seconds is a long freaking time with a one goal lead in game 7 lol
Canucks f***ed up Nashville when down two goals with just a few minutes remaining, then mounted comebacks to win game 1 and 5. So they are a resilient. but I felt the Oilers outclassed them most of the time. Stupid mistakes and lack of concentration at crucial times is what made this series go 7 games. Should have been over in 5.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Wasn't able to watch, life is busy. Figures the one game I do tune in was the pathetic effort game 5. Happy to see them move on; Dallas is going to be a massive challenge, that team is deep and skilled.

Reactions: McDoused

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Thought nurse had an amazing game tonight

Same with Holloway. He looked like a real top 6 player
Yes, Nurse deserves a huge amount of praise the last 2 games. I made a mention during the game that tonight reminded me of early career and World Juniors Nurse. He was physical, aggressive to the puck carrier and with the puck and cut down on those wasteful passes that he tends to make.

Holloway just looks like a talented guy that's finally getting opportunity. His game is made for a top 6 role, having him on the 4th line and then the 3rd with struggling players was holding him back. I thought he was the Oilers best forward tonight, along with RNH who has been a godsend the last 3-4 games of this series.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Their forwards aren’t that impressive (to me). They lack star power. That Hintz-Robertson line has been pretty meh this year. Pretty much have to shut down Johnson at this point. Heiskanen has the ability to shut down McDavid/Draisaitl which isn’t good.

Kind of just depends what Oettinger we see and what our goaltending does.
They have a lot of depth, but most of their top guys passed their prime (Benn, PAvelski, Seguin, Duchene). So they may not be able to cause the Oilers the same problems that the younger, well-scating Canucks could. Will be an interesting series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad