Post-Game Talk: Cli(e)nched

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
fPOZww7.gif

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
JT Miller says they were "only a bounce away." No recognition of how many lucky bounces they already benefited from across the whole playoffs (and the whole season).
It certainly worked against us. No matter the score or the ice tilt, they just close their eyes and will a puck into the net. That's why Brown and McLeod losing their heads was so horrendous.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
I was DEAD wrong about Holloway. Dead wrong. I didn't see much from him last year or this year when he was up.

Well, the crow tastes f***ing delicious. He's a stud. What a coming out party for the kid. What a series. He's a f***ing player and I absolutely love to see it.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Couple guys who take a fair bit of friendly fire big tonight. Ceci scored but player a real solid defensive game. Nugent Hopkins was fantastic with his big minute PK time, team high tie for 3 block shots, and led this team offensively with 1 and 1. Big game moment in all three zone. Loved Holloway's game all night and Kane's heavy forecheck. Team high forward minutes. All situational.

This game was locked down until Ryan McLeod lost his marbles. What a feeble minded game from this cipher tonight with a shitty penalty early and then unforced errors to give a team that had nothing going full momentum. Several unforced errors all over the ice.
Definitely agree with this, he’s been a mess all playoffs.

Glad the rest of the team could make up for it though!

Reactions: McDoused

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
What the f*** are you talking about?

They won the game and series. Just enjoy it and quit bitching.
So Canadian television isn't permitted to talk about the Oilers nearly blowing the series or Vancouver's late push... while missing two of their core players.

Get over it.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Vancouver absolutely dead, like flatlined for 50 minutes, and then Mcleod spots them a freebie.

Absolutely incredible.

Thank f*** they won but this shouldn't have even been close. Dead building, even deader team and he whiffs on a pass with zero pressure right in the high slot.

Outside of that, what a game by the Oil. Complete and utter domination.

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
So Canadian television isn't permitted to talk about the Oilers nearly blowing the series or Vancouver's late push. While missing two of their core pieces.

Get over it.
McLeod opened the door with his zombie spell
Otherwise probably would have been a shutout!!
More Oiler.player totally f king up than anything else

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Vancouver absolutely dead, like flatlined for 50 minutes, and then Mcleod spots them a freebie.

Absolutely incredible.

Thank f*** they won but this shouldn't have even been close. Dead building, even deader team and he whiffs on a pass with zero pressure right in the high slot.

Outside of that, what a game by the Oil. Complete and utter domination.

Hopefully Henrique is in for McLeod next game (if healthy). We can’t afford to be gifting teams 4 minute powerplays and goals

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I'm so glad this is over.

Now the Canucks fans will chill and stop invading other Oilers' communities.

If you told me Vancouver was going to last 7 games vs the Oilers before this season began, I'd assume you were just a drunken casual. Holy cow.

One thing that is fun about the playoffs is watching your team learn from their mistakes. We did a lot of things right in this game

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
Absolutely loved what Carrick brought these last two games. Just completely baffled as to why he wasn’t playing every game of this series.

Also, Mcdavid must have something wrong with him, just doesn’t look anything like what we are use to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad