Recalled/Assigned: Clendening to Rockford (AHL) Dahlbeck recalled

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I'm fine with this. We already have a 3rd pairing PMD with Rundblad, so it makes sense to send Clendening down.

Hopefully Dahlbeck's skating ability is better than it was during the preseason.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
This is the D call up I'm most excited about. A Defensive D that will fit Q's eye a little better than Rundblad and Clendening and he's left handed.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Feel bad for Clendening he got no chance to redeem himself in a follow-up game after that awful DOG against Vancouver, but happy for getting to see what Dahlbeck has to offer.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I would think this lineup makes a game off for Rozy more possible.

poes law

Nov 11, 2013
So what's the record for most Swedish D playing on one team in an NHL game?

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
ALL THE SWEDES!!! Hope this helps Rundblad with another Swede back there to help talk some Swedish on the ice in situations and vice versa. Hammer and Oduya do it all the time. We'll probably see more Dalhbeck - Roszival pairing though.

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
Good move to see how the prospects have developed and how they manage the NHL game, now that TVR is injured. It's sooner rather than later some of them will be playing on the big team. Clendening was decent, but it does no good for any party having him sit in the pressbox.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
He's the type of player that Q will like, hope he performs better than he did during pre-season. I'm happy because it gives our defensive unit more versatility. Rundblad = Clendenning.

Also pleased with how many kids are being worked in and getting a taste of the game at this level. We'll need a couple with the coming cap crunch.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
He's the type of player that Q will like, hope he performs better than he did during pre-season. I'm happy because it gives our defensive unit more versatility. Rundblad = Clendenning.

Also pleased with how many kids are being worked in and getting a taste of the game at this level. We'll need a couple with the coming cap crunch.

Agreed with the bolded. As long as Rundblad is in the line-up, things aren't promising for Clendening. Dahlback always made more sense to me (assuming Johns still needs more time in the AHL. He's the player I really want to see in a Hawks uniform but not before he's ready).

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
How Swede it is oh my God my account's been taken over by the NHL.com pun machine please send help

Just hope Clendening works through it and grows in Rockford. Still have high hopes for him.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
We are so fortunate to be this deep in good Men in our system...possibly allows Stan to full off blockbuster degrade. ...at the draft...I am thinking a 5 playerr mega deal in a pitch forMcDavid or Eichel if EDMONTON gets either opportunity to pick them..They are desperate for D and goaltending. ..Sharp +Teuvo + 2D and either Raanta Darling or Nilsson for the #1 or #2 plus their pick in round 2..They could also pick up Rozsival and Oduya as free agents...But we have the depth to pull this off..And re-vamp our cap...We could offer one D from Group A---TVR, Clendenning, Johns...and one from Group B--Rundblad Dahlbeck Pokka or Paliotta and still in good shape defensively...given these all would be support only for our top3 D core here...But just as Teddy was only a 3rd pair guy here...he goes to NYA and gets more minutes and stars and helps them...OurWe are in position better than most to make a big spkas at the draft because we must pare cap and so probably Sharp goes...we canoffer top prospect Teuvo too so team receiving gets offense and defense and oalie in such a5 player transform ing deal and that would also make EDMONTON more attractive to free agents if they upgraded D and goaltending added a centre and another still dangerous vet forward...Anyway it is a possibility as it would re-transform both teams long-term..Of course Robin Press....Mr. Irrelevant...is now an untouchable in trades..And who would ever have thought that?
Especially if the all in this yearfor another Cup before another cap crunch sale and youth infusion on D to clear log-jams hits our team in reality next season.

Last edited:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

My first thought as well, he looked awful.

No problem with giving this guy a look, and bringing up Clendening makes me think they were just showcasing him for a potential trade at the TDL or draft.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Definitely want to reward prospects who are knocking on the door. First, Clendening, next Dahlbeck. Give the kids a taste and the staff gets a better look at their play. No substitute for real games. Very important to nail these assessments, because at least one of these kids is going to be traded. FWIW, I think Clendening is a goner, but if Runblad craps the bed, they may rethink that.

Looking forward to seeing Dahlbeck. Think Johns is next?

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
So what's the record for most Swedish D playing on one team in an NHL game?

The Wings had four at one point in 08-09. Lidström, Kronwall, Lilja and Ericsson. Dunno if they ever played all at once in a game. That team was loaded with Swedes.

Periwinkle

Apr 3, 2014
We are so fortunate to be this deep in good Men in our system...possibly allows Stan to full off blockbuster degrade. ...at the draft...I am thinking a 5 playerr mega deal in a pitch forMcDavid or Eichel if EDMONTON gets either opportunity to pick them..They are desperate for D and goaltending. ..Sharp +Teuvo + 2D and either Raanta Darling or Nilsson for the #1 or #2 plus their pick in round 2..They could also pick up Rozsival and Oduya as free agents...But we have the depth to pull this off..And re-vamp our cap...We could offer one D from Group A---TVR, Clendenning, Johns...and one from Group B--Rundblad Dahlbeck Pokka or Paliotta and still in good shape defensively...given these all would be support only for our top3 D core here...But just as Teddy was only a 3rd pair guy here...he goes to NYA and gets more minutes and stars and helps them...OurWe are in position better than most to make a big spkas at the draft because we must pare cap and so probably Sharp goes...we canoffer top prospect Teuvo too so team receiving gets offense and defense and oalie in such a5 player transform ing deal and that would also make EDMONTON more attractive to free agents if they upgraded D and goaltending added a centre and another still dangerous vet forward...Anyway it is a possibility as it would re-transform both teams long-term..Of course Robin Press....Mr. Irrelevant...is now an untouchable in trades..And who would ever have thought that?
Especially if the all in this yearfor another Cup before another cap crunch sale and youth infusion on D to clear log-jams hits our team in reality next season.

I don't think any rebuilding team is going to give up the chance for McDavid/Eichel. Especially for an effective, but aging winger and a lesser C prospect + spare parts.

Pokka would belong in the "A" group, not B.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
I don't think any rebuilding team is going to give up the chance for McDavid/Eichel. Especially for an effective, but aging winger and a lesser C prospect + spare parts.

Pokka would belong in the "A" group, not B.

Pokka is definitely in the A group.

Yeah. No GM is going to give up a legitimate shot at the big prize(s). They'd be run out of town on a rail if the Hawks ended up with McDavid/Eichel.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Definitely want to reward prospects who are knocking on the door. First, Clendening, next Dahlbeck. Give the kids a taste and the staff gets a better look at their play. No substitute for real games. Very important to nail these assessments, because at least one of these kids is going to be traded. FWIW, I think Clendening is a goner, but if Runblad craps the bed, they may rethink that.

Looking forward to seeing Dahlbeck. Think Johns is next?

Definitely agree with this.

I just wish that Q would give the 3rd pair a legit shift, and not lean so heavy on the top 4. Hawks were up by 3 on Wednesday in the 3rd, and Rosy ended up with 15 minutes and Rundblad ended up with 7 something. I really wish that Q & Stan would get on the same page with how the guys are getting used.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Definitely agree with this.

I just wish that Q would give the 3rd pair a legit shift, and not lean so heavy on the top 4. Hawks were up by 3 on Wednesday in the 3rd, and Rosy ended up with 15 minutes and Rundblad ended up with 7 something. I really wish that Q & Stan would get on the same page with how the guys are getting used.

Didn't Rundblad only have 2mins going into the 3rd? From what I saw, he played a decent amount in the 3rd.

Nothingman*

Those minutes for Rundblad show how much trust Q has in him. Not much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad