Clemmenson (formerly Clemmenson to San Antonio)

Erick*

Oh we so disagree.

No one in their right mind plays a 39 year old after a season off alright twice injured this year goaltender back to back 3 consecutive times unless he has absolutely no faith in the backup being able to stop a beach ball. Whats the plan play thomas 7o games??? Rational minds play your number 1 50 ish games

That is no way to get the best out of a goalie its a good way to get him carried off on a stretcher. What other team does this. I happen to follow as my other team arguably the NHL's best goalie and they wouldn't do that to Lundquist, they're playing a rookie in back to backs and others.

It is an absolute indictment on his trust in clemmer.

You're a lot like me in the sense that we don't believe in tanking, especially not this early in the season.

The team started 3-11-4. That leaves us in desperation mode. Every point counts and Tim Thomas gives the best chance to get those points. He's also 39. If he's willing to do it, why not? He doesn't have much of a future anyway. We're not trying to protect a long-term piece.

As for your question, there are a lot of teams who are riding their starters.

Corey Crawford has started 21 (and played in 23) of the Blackhawks 25 games so far.
Roberto Luongo has started 22 of 26.
Marc-Andre Fluery has started 21 of 25.
Antti Niemi has started 20 of 23.
Mike Smith has started 22 of 24.

The list extends to more than that really, but the point is that plenty of starters around the league are playing the majority (very high %) of the games.

The Rangers are fortunate to have the best backup (statistically) in the league right now so that's different.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
You're a lot like me in the sense that we don't believe in tanking, especially not this early in the season.

The team started 3-11-4. That leaves us in desperation mode. Every point counts and Tim Thomas gives the best chance to get those points. He's also 39. If he's willing to do it, why not? He doesn't have much of a future anyway. We're not trying to protect a long-term piece.

As for your question, there are a lot of teams who are riding their starters.

Corey Crawford has started 21 (and played in 23) of the Blackhawks 25 games so far.
Roberto Luongo has started 22 of 26.
Marc-Andre Fluery has started 21 of 25.
Antti Niemi has started 20 of 23.
Mike Smith has started 22 of 24.

The list extends to more than that really, but the point is that plenty of starters around the league are playing the majority (very high %) of the games.

The Rangers are fortunate to have the best backup (statistically) in the league right now so that's different.

your points are well taken.

Support TT playing as often as possible, but clearly we all know if we had a decent b/u TT would play the large majority, but not EVERY, game.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad