Clemmenson (formerly Clemmenson to San Antonio)

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
Don't want to start a new thread for this, but had to post: going through stats, and Clemmer is at the bottom of the list of the 3 NHL goalies on the Panthers for save % and GAA...AND is the bottom of the list for 4 goalies (Marky and 2 prospects included) for the Rampage. His numbers have been terrible.

Why did he get resigned again?:shakehead

Erick*

Don't want to start a new thread for this, but had to post: going through stats, and Clemmer is at the bottom of the list of the 3 NHL goalies on the Panthers for save % and GAA...AND is the bottom of the list for 4 goalies (Marky and 2 prospects included) for the Rampage. His numbers have been terrible.

To be fair, the sample is incredibly small.

With that said, the contract never made sense to me.

Jan 19, 2006

It's the one Tallon move that still completely puzzles me.

It didn't even make sense at the time.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

Isn't it going to feel like a weight is going to be lifted when we are Clemmer-free this summer? lol

Erick*

And also to be fair, would you even expect it to change with a larger sample? I wouldn't. He's been a sub-par backup for the last 2 seasons.

I don't think his numbers would look as bad with a larger sample of games. He is what he is - a replacement-level goalie.

CoolburnIsGone

Taking bets that Tallon trades him to Chicago for Khabibulin who has even worse numbers than Clemmensen, more expensive, older and Tallon had in Chicago before. Anyone? Anyone?

Ekblad

Mar 10, 2010
Miami, Florida
If I remember correctly, tallon raved about what a consummate professional and great guy he was to have around in the locker room as the main reason for re-signing him. Loved by everyone and a real motivator... regardless, that wont be enough to warrant a renewal this time, now that we have funds to get a backup that can actually play also

CoolburnIsGone

Nope, and there's no reason to think that. Olsen wasn't good last night?
Are you really using a 1 game sample size? Really? Gimme a break. Sure it was a good debut but lets not get ahead of ourselves. Heck it really doesnt matter TBH as it probably will be a fair trade for both teams (Versteeg will be a decent 3rd liner for them and we'll get a bottom 6 forward and bottom pairing d-man).

And with the amount of times that we've traded with Chicago, there's every reason to think that...especially for a goalie that Tallon is familiar with. Khabibulin is currently injured so unlikely a trade happens now but I'm sure Tallon will think about it as just having a better backup than Clemmensen. Khabi was decent last yr for the Oilers (4-6-1 with a 2.54 GAA and .923 Sv %) and Tallon will think thats more the norm than his current stats so its not as far fetched as you think.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
real bad signing, deal costing us now as coach has no faith to play him for even a single game; as evidenced by 3 consecutive b2b benchings.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Clemmer is costing us either way. Either he's here and in effect we have no back-up. Or he gets sent down and takes starts from Houser.

Lampshade85

Oct 29, 2010
Florida
I always thought he was intended to be competition for Marky so he didn't get complacent on getting the starter's role. Obviously it didn't work out that way but I think once Marky gets his groove back they'll switch it up and our tandem will Thomas/Marky instead of Thomas/Clemmer and then balance in the hockeyverse will be restored.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
real bad signing, deal costing us now as coach has no faith to play him for even a single game; as evidenced by 3 consecutive b2b benchings.

Thomas is the man anyway. We are not developing a young goalie right now so he should continue to ride the bench

Erick*

One of my favorite things about Horachek has been his willingness to play the starter on B2B's. I don't really think that that's anything against Clemmer specifically.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
One of my favorite things about Horachek has been his willingness to play the starter on B2B's. I don't really think that that's anything against Clemmer specifically.

Oh we so disagree.

No one in their right mind plays a 39 year old after a season off alright twice injured this year goaltender back to back 3 consecutive times unless he has absolutely no faith in the backup being able to stop a beach ball. Whats the plan play thomas 7o games??? Rational minds play your number 1 50 ish games

That is no way to get the best out of a goalie its a good way to get him carried off on a stretcher. What other team does this. I happen to follow as my other team arguably the NHL's best goalie and they wouldn't do that to Lundquist, they're playing a rookie in back to backs and others.

It is an absolute indictment on his trust in clemmer.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Are you really using a 1 game sample size? Really? Gimme a break. Sure it was a good debut but lets not get ahead of ourselves. Heck it really doesnt matter TBH as it probably will be a fair trade for both teams (Versteeg will be a decent 3rd liner for them and we'll get a bottom 6 forward and bottom pairing d-man).

And with the amount of times that we've traded with Chicago, there's every reason to think that...especially for a goalie that Tallon is familiar with. Khabibulin is currently injured so unlikely a trade happens now but I'm sure Tallon will think about it as just having a better backup than Clemmensen. Khabi was decent last yr for the Oilers (4-6-1 with a 2.54 GAA and .923 Sv %) and Tallon will think thats more the norm than his current stats so its not as far fetched as you think.

It just sounds like you're really reaching. Him trading with Chicago a few times is no big surprise. It's not just that he knows some of the players in the system, he knows the org. as well and he knows Bowman very well. I don't see anything wrong with it. Campbell was a great acquisition, was it not? So what are you complaining about? Olsen's only played one game here, but you can already tell that this wasn't just some crappy trade to "bring in one of Tallon's boys who's a bust". The way a lot of Chicago fans were talking, Olsen and Hayes were just a pair of scrubs. That's obviously not the case. Tallon got a pretty good deal for how low Versteeg's value was, whether it be from Chicago or not.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Taking bets that Tallon trades him to Chicago for Khabibulin who has even worse numbers than Clemmensen, more expensive, older and Tallon had in Chicago before. Anyone? Anyone?

Khabby is out for a long time (month-to-month with a groin injury)

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Oh we so disagree.

No one in their right mind plays a 39 year old after a season off alright twice injured this year goaltender back to back 3 consecutive times unless he has absolutely no faith in the backup being able to stop a beach ball. Whats the plan play thomas 7o games??? Rational minds play your number 1 50 ish games

That is no way to get the best out of a goalie its a good way to get him carried off on a stretcher. What other team does this. I happen to follow as my other team arguably the NHL's best goalie and they wouldn't do that to Lundquist, they're playing a rookie in back to backs and others.

It is an absolute indictment on his trust in clemmer.

I dunno, I'd play every game he's on. Hank's almost always been better in the second game thru all the NYR back2backs anyways.

Not they should, but when you have either the best starter or possibly the worst back up, the results should stay the same.
If Timmy himself says he's up to it, I'd rather have the should be USA starter in our both games of a b2b. He's still a top 5 looking goaler.

But for every team, kept maybe the Cats, I agree with the night one night off thing unless it's a must win situation, then starters gotta go both no doubt.

ONLY reason Hank can sit for a few here and there is because Cam has been so supreme! BeST 1-2 punch in goal by a country mile THE NYR :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad