Clear lack of equity shown by the NHL

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Has a goalie ever been punished for embellishment? I've been on bishop's case all year about this. Sadly, he isn't the only perpetrator.

He's one of the goalies that abuses the rules that are in place to protect goaltenders. It's not just the constant acting, but how he plays pucks outside of his crease, waiting an extra second before making a play and daring someone to touch him so he can make a meal out of it. Turco used to do this all the time, and it drove me crazy that he can take his sweet ass time while the for checker either puts his breaks on and waits for the goalie to make a play, or keep going and take a penalty.

I think that one game that prust tagged him behind the net, he was probably thinking that bishop is going to put a lot of mustard on this anyways, let's actually make it worth it.

I watched the last game on NBCSN. Shortly after Bishop took a tumble to the ice, Therrien called referee Kozari to the bench, and you could read Therriens lips saying diving. Kozari skated to Bishop and had a lengthy conversation with him. So much so that the commentators and the camera focused in on it.

The refs, at least the last crew, are aware of the Bishop flops.

dutchy29

Nov 9, 2007
SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
You're free to believe so but it's really obvious to me. Bishop is making a mockery of the sport and has not been punished at all. Why is nothing being done ? I want to know how do they evaluate what is worthy of punishment and what is not. At what point do they draw the line. That's all I want to know.

I think that's taking it a bit far to say "Bishop is making a mockery of the sport" I do agree that on many occasions there seems to be a strong bias against the Habs but I'm not sure its done intentionally ala conspiracy theory. Its true fines and suspensions and penalties are handed out differently to different players to often based on personality or reputation in stead of equality. It makes the NHL less professional and more Bush league for sure.
Saying that, no doubt, PK Subban is a diver, not because hes a wimp but because he will do what ever it takes to help his team win and sometimes those dives to turn in to PP that help us win games. Just as Gallagher has gotten away with some goaltending interference this season that has helped us score goals and win games.
I agree that some teams and players seem to be able to do no wrong. I still can't believe Karlsson got to blind side Beaulieu and come in contact with his head first, the guy misses games due to concussion symptoms and all that is said is "what a great hit" unbelievable.

digger18

Feb 23, 2009
Williams Lake B.C.
I can't stand watching divers in hockey.....It's the reason pro soccer is a garbage sport. The NHL does need to do a better job of trying to eliminate it from the game than they have been doing. **** the fines, I want to see five game suspensions for repeat offenders. It's an embarrassment to the game having pansies rolling around all over the ice. Look at Katey Perry last night. He tried so desperately to draw a major out of an accidental collision that you would think his knee was blown out. In glad the refs didn't bite on it, but the little goof still came back and got the OT winner.

Nynja*

I legit think Perry suffered a charlie horse there, his leg was indeed bent in ways its not meant to bend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad