Trade: [CLE/PIT] Justin Gilbert to the Steelers

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I want to laugh at the Browns drafting and the Steelers giving up anything of value to acquire him but my team just traded a 1st and 4th for Sam Bradford so I won't.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
I want to laugh at the Browns drafting and the Steelers giving up anything of value to acquire him but my team just traded a 1st and 4th for Sam Bradford so I won't.

Its a 6th rounder. So its basically nothing.

Good move for both teams.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

Taylor: Sucked
Richardson: Had like, one really solid year, then apparently lost his eyesite.
B. Weeden: Was literally 46 years old on draft day. Obviously sucked yet somehow still has a job in the league
B. Mingo: One good year, sucked since
J. Gilbert: Sucked, is a malcontent
Manziel: Same as above

That's some grade A drafting right there. Different front offices and yet they all seem to have the uncanny ability to totally botch draft picks.

This team has taken like 3 good players in their last 10 first round picks (Mack, Thomas, Haden)

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
That's on their development just as much as it is their scouting. The QBs (Manziel & Weeden) were poor draft picks from the start but many of the others just didn't develop.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
They would have great recent draft history is Haslam didn't have a trigger finger mentality when it comes to personnel. Heckert, Lombardi, Farmer.. mixed in with Shurmur, Chudzinski & Pettine. Can;t expect to draft well when your constantly changing up the decision makers.

At least now by all accounts Jackson isn't going to Haslam-ed like everyone before him, seems like they are intent on giving him 4-5 seasons.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
One season .500 football under Hue for the raiders

He's not Ron Wolf, but I don't think you could call that a disaster or that one season is even enough to rebuild a team. kinda harsh.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012

He's not Ron Wolf, but I don't think you could call that a disaster or that one season is even enough to rebuild a team. kinda harsh.

They had their best season since 2002 under Jackson so that was an odd comment to make.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

He traded all of their picks, so there was no way for him to ever rebuild the team.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Yeah but he brought in Carson Palmer with some of those picks - Jackson was actually putting the Raiders on a pretty good path.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Honestly the only reason he got fired os McKenzie wanted to hire his own coach, and full control over football ops.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
That's on their development just as much as it is their scouting. The QBs (Manziel & Weeden) were poor draft picks from the start but many of the others just didn't develop.

Gilbert was poor drafting. Word is the Browns didn't even interview him.

It turns out the guy has some real mental/personal problems that keep him from focusing on football. He's just not all that interested in the game. Maybe an interview would have revealed it. Maybe not, but there were teams who moved him down quite a bit after talking to him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad