Trade: [CLE/BUF] Tyrod Taylor for 2018 3rd round pick

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Bills now have 5 picks in top 65.

They are trading up for a QB.

Whichever QB CLE takes at 1 or 4 (or by trading back into late round 1) is going to be redshirted it would seem and I like it.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Oh my god they FINALLY did the smart move!!

Enough with drafting kids that can't handle the pressure of turning that franchise around. Now they can use they tons of picks to build a solid team at plug and play positions.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
None are worth a pick that high
That’s not true. These QBs aren’t sure fire awesome, but there is going to be at least one very good one in this group. They all have flaws, but the prior GMs punted on QB season after season setting this up as the year to get their guy. The Browns are in the position to get the best QB out of this draft.

If they pass on QB again this year, the franchise should be forfeited. Putting fans through 1-31 only to not even try to get a QB would be inexcusable.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I don't understand giving up a 3rd rounder for a guy that's gonna give you maybe one season when you're not gonna contend.
They already have more picks than roster spots available. They weren’t eager to add 11 more rookies to the roster. Trading a third rounder for one season of a starter (a starter who is a big upgrade over their past few seasons worth of QBs) is a fine price to pay.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
They already have more picks than roster spots available. They weren’t eager to add 11 more rookies to the roster. Trading a third rounder for one season of a starter (a starter who is a big upgrade over their past few seasons worth of QBs) is a fine price to pay.

That's an argument for trading for an NFL player, but why a QB if they're likely to take one? I can't imagine he's a long-term backup, and it's not like Taylor vs. Kizer is going to make much of a difference for the 6 games or whatever it'll be this year, if the rookie doesn't win the job outright. Just seems like a waste. Trade for a safety or move up or something.

EDIT: Okay, well, Kizer is a Packer now so that makes this make a bit more sense. Still think it's a bit unnecessary to trade for this specific player who likely won't be a long-term backup or a starter for more than a handful of games to max of one season in a stretch where the Browns are unlikely to be competitive.

Last edited:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
yeah can't hate on this

browns could afford to give up the 3rd rounder and taylor will be a decent starter until whatever QB they pick this year is ready

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I was hoping Taylor would go to a team where he could be more than a one year stopgap. The Browns offense could be interesting to watch, especially if they get Barkley too.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Neither is Barkley. No value in taking a RB that high or in the 1st round at all.

Yeah, I would take a QB with the 1st overall pick, then trade back with the #4 pick to a team who wants one of the other QB's left in the draft. They should be able to get a haul for the #4 which includes 2019 picks. They don't really need anymore extra 2018 picks. There are some teams in the middle of the 1st round that might want to move up to draft a QB (Redskins, Cardinals, Chargers).

In any case, I wouldn't take a RB early in this draft if I were the Browns. They currently have a RB (Crowell) who they can stick with for now. RB should be the last piece of the puzzle as they're generally plug-and-play and the shelf life of a RB isn't that long relative to other positions. Maybe take a flyer on a RB in the mid-to-late rounds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad