Proposal: CLB - Buf

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
I mean this is horrible for Buffalo but Gudbranson was actually serviceable though slightly overpaid this season.

In response to some of the hot tasks here about him.

Still terrible for Buffalo

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Double edged sword on this one. On one hand, way, way too much from Buffalo. However, on the other hand, Columbus is not interested in getting younger and removing veteran leadership. It's entirely possible we're (those of us that love him) overrating Boone, but he's a really good player that fills several roles. Unfortunately he's had to play over his head on the CBJ, which I think creates some dissention within our fan base. I don't see Columbus moving him even for an apparent overpay like this.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
To Buffalo:

Boone Jenner
Elvis Merzlikins
Eric Gudbranson

To Columbus:

Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen
2024 1st round draft pick [#11)
Henri Jokiharju

Each team is giving up a player or two that they like. However,

Columbus is getting a much needed change of scenery for their goaltender, while (hopefully) upgrading at that position. They can draft their center replacement with their 1st rounder.

Buffalo is picking up a veteran leader who will fill their center need.

Add a draft pick somewhere if you think the value is off. Hoping these M-NTC don't get in the way.
Bro what?

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
To Buffalo:

Boone Jenner
Elvis Merzlikins
Eric Gudbranson

To Columbus:

Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen
Henri Jokiharju

Columbus is getting a much needed change of scenery for their goaltender, while (hopefully) upgrading at that position. They can draft their center replacement with their 1st rounder.

Add a draft pick somewhere if you think the value is off. Hoping these M-NTC don't get in the way.

Might be one of the worst trades I have ever seen proposed that didn't include a big name player.

Effectively Buffalo trades their 1st and 1G and a ok/good RHD for Boone Jenner, a goalie that fell of a cliff with a terrible contract and defenseman that no one wants.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
Stopped reading here.

Seriously, y'all, give it the hell up already. The CBJ fanbase, the CBJ front office, the CBJ ownership, and the CBJ captain have all confirmed over and over and over he's not available. Just cut it out already.
So, you’re saying there’s a chance?!!!!

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
I'm just having fun.....

You gotta give, to get.
If you want my half-eaten Wegmans sub, you'll have to give me a Ferrari. You have to give to get. :neener:

I'm not comparing Colombus to a half-eaten sub or calling the Sabres a Ferrari. Just taking the "give to get" to an extreme.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
To Buffalo:

Boone Jenner
Elvis Merzlikins
Eric Gudbranson

To Columbus:

Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen
Henri Jokiharju

Why would the Sabres give up UPL and a first for Boone Jenner and scraps? 11OA AND a #1 goalie for a 3rd line veteran? lock it up.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
To Buffalo:

Boone Jenner
Elvis Merzlikins
Eric Gudbranson

To Columbus:

Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen
Henri Jokiharju

Whoa man, no man. Not UPL. Take the goalies out and.. that’s it? Probably too lopsided the other way, but whatever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad