Clayton Keller ceiling

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Hard to place a ceiling on him. He was my 2nd favourite player in his draft. I was livid when the Yotes got to take him - I wanted him on the Habs at the time.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
He can be Patrick Kane level good, whether he reaches that is another question. He's a had a strong start to his career, but it's going to take more than 16 games for me to dramatically change my opinion on him.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
He can be Patrick Kane level good, whether he reaches that is another question. He's a had a strong start to his career, but it's going to take more than 16 games for me to dramatically change my opinion on him.

Agreed. I will say his skating has improved immensely over the past year, which is something I didn't expect so quickly. His shot is much heavier as well. Either he had a great off-season or his physical maturity took another step.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Keller is a phenomenal talent and gifted offensive player.

He is another fine player that is part of a very deep and terrific rookie crop this year.

Patrick Kane is often used as a comparison, often incorrectly, but I made this comparison a year before he was drafted as he was one that truly reminded me of Kane more than any other player. He has this type of potential.

Great for Coyote fans. Very happy for them.

Last edited by a moderator:

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Hard to place a ceiling on him. He was my 2nd favourite player in his draft. I was livid when the Yotes got to take him - I wanted him on the Habs at the time.
Yep its very unfortunate. I had a bet giving me 1300$ the only thing i needed left was habs drafting keller. I blame it on columbus who drafted PLD wich delayed every pick, oilers would of drafted a dman. Pretty sure keller would of been an habs.

Evergreen

Ceiling is Kane on an individual level. Will need more support in AZ to get there though.

Reactions: HOPE

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Not that I think it's impressive (which it is) but the same thing happened when Hertl came out of no where and was tearing it up. I'll be impressed if he keeps it going through the season. I just hope Arizona doesn't wear on the kid and he becomes complacent.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
#11 on the year. Created the turnover himself, made the right decision, wanted to pass, but shot and scored the goal. #beauty

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Not that I think it's impressive (which it is) but the same thing happened when Hertl came out of no where and was tearing it up. I'll be impressed if he keeps it going through the season. I just hope Arizona doesn't wear on the kid and he becomes complacent.

He is fueled by pure adrenaline right now. He has had one okay game, the rest stellar. He creates almost 100% of his own offense and hasn't let the losing funk rub off on him. He keeps games entertaining by himself.

I'm not really fond of NHL comparables but he does look like a literal clone of Kane.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad