TSN: Claude Loiselle on TSN 1050 approx. 12:15

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Haven't heard it let me guess..

Kessel needs to decide now,JVR ,Frattin real or illisuion.O'Byrne better than Kostka and Holzer? Wanted Kipper as stop gap(cheaper than my contract sucks!).This is the team we are going with,good depth.We need to play tougher now the games mean more and injuries abound.

Biggest anchor :Grabo.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
Kessel needs to decide now,JVR ,Frattin real or illisuion.O'Byrne better than Kostka and Holzer? Wanted Kipper as stop gap(cheaper than my contract sucks!).This is the team we are going with,good depth.We need to play tougher now the games mean more and injuries abound.

Biggest anchor :Grabo.

luckily Leafs will get a look at Kessel in the playoffs before having to decide

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Management: Ok Jakey we are going to take you by the hand and show you a really bad player, here is Kostka he embodies all things we dont want you doing.

Jake: So while I am twittering I should be watching the guy I am better then and trying to learn from him...just to clarify that...

Management: Yes

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
Yea Gardiner must be learning so much in the pressbox..

this is the type of comment made by people who have not played the game at a competitive level and don't understand how a player develops

they are learning in practice, video sessions, meetings, weight room, being around the vets etc.

He is too good for the AHL but not quite good at both ends of the rink in the NHL right now - they are doing exactly what they need to do

The worst thing they could do is throw him out there and ruin him if he is making mistake after mistake

nidnus13

Oct 29, 2010
Calgary
this is the type of comment made by people who have not played the game at a competitive level and don't understand how a player develops

they are learning in practice, video sessions, meetings, weight room, being around the vets etc.

He is too good for the AHL but not quite good at both ends of the rink in the NHL right now - they are doing exactly what they need to do

The worst thing they could do is throw him out there and ruin him if he is making mistake after mistake

I would love to know what the highest level you have played at.....? I know when i was getting trained as a pipe fitter the best way was to go and watch video on how to do it, then work in the warehouse learning all the parts and then having my biss s it me in his office and tell me how i shoyld spin pipe, and not actually do it.......:shakehead

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
I would love to know what the highest level you have played at.....? I know when i was getting trained as a pipe fitter the best way was to go and watch video on how to do it, then work in the warehouse learning all the parts and then having my biss s it me in his office and tell me how i shoyld spin pipe, and not actually do it.......:shakehead

right....pipe fitting in a factory is the same as plying your trade in front of millions of people in the most scrutinized city in all of hockey? :laugh:

when was the last time a pipe fitter made a mistake and had 20,000 people booing him or a media outlet write a negative article about his pipe fitting mistakes?

who was the last pipe fitter to trend on twitter? freepipefitter#

my highest level of hockey - PM me if you want to know

nidnus13

Oct 29, 2010
Calgary
right....pipe fitting in a factory is the same as plying your trade in front of millions of people in the most scrutinized city in all of hockey? :laugh:

when was the last time a pipe fitter made a mistake and had 20,000 people booing him or a media outlet write a negative article about his pipe fitting mistakes?

who was the last pipe fitter to trend on twitter? freepipefitter#

my highest level of hockey - PM me if you want to know

I **** up people can die..........

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Sorry, but this is a terrible argument.

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
I can understand the Gardiner explantion, it makes sense. My question is-I have not seen play, can only go by what I read-if you don't want to put Gardiner in said position, why is Kostka being put in said position?

I'm genuinely asking and I'm trying to learn. Kostka gets put out night after night and apparently has issues, yet he continues to return to the lineup whereas Gardiner sits in pressbox. I am to assume that Kostka isn't as at that level, but why does (optically anyway) seem to get a "free pass" compared to Gardiner?

If it's about "playing the kids/let them make their mistakes", then that's fine, also fine if you're going the Gardiner route with pressbox/practice-it just seems there are two different messages being sent here.

Again asking genuinely seeking knowledge :)

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
The message is...

The Gm brought in someone better, O'Byrne. He couldn't make Thursday's game. But the Kostka/Carlyle deal is off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad