Management Claude Julien - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bobby Orr is not God so I'm still going to want Claude fired at least once a game.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Love Claude. Great run of seasons since he arrived in 07-08 and hopefully, he'll stay for a long time.

What can I say. I love winning and Claude does just that.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Love Claude. Great run of seasons since he arrived in 07-08 and hopefully, he'll stay for a long time.

+1.

And he genuinely seems like a good man, which is a bonus. And you never hear players rip him either, which means a lot. Hate when teams turn on one another.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

He does things that drive me crazy sometimes but there is a method to his madness- the Bruins win with him as head coach. It is that simple.

:nod:

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
God couldn't carry Bobby Orr's skates.

A Bruin fan dies and was met at the Pearly Gates by an angel that offered to bring him on a tour of Heaven. As they walked the grounds the Bruins fan noticed what looked like a hockey rink and asked if he could go inside. The angel of course said yes.

Upon entering the rink, the Bruins fan was struck as he saw a lone skater going up and down the ice. He was graceful and fast, and he made moves that seemed impossible for mere mortals. And he had on a Bruins jersey with #4 on his back.

The Bruins fan turned to the angel with tears welling in his eyes and said, "Oh my God, that's Bobby Orr. Did he die?"

The angel's response came as a relief, "No. That's God, but he thinks he's Bobby Orr."

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010

Orr sums it up quite well. Very high praise. Crazy to think he's the longest tenured coach in the NHL. Seems like it was not too long ago when Claude was hired. Guy just keeps on being successful and doing so the right way. His critics can keep on criticizing, but Claude will just keep on winning. As long as Claude is in control of the room and winning games there is zero reason for him to leave any time soon.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Orr sums it up quite well. Very high praise. Crazy to think he's the longest tenured coach in the NHL. Seems like it was not too long ago when Claude was hired. Guy just keeps on being successful and doing so the right way. His critics can keep on criticizing, but Claude will just keep on winning. As long as Claude is in control of the room and winning games there is zero reason for him to leave any time soon.

Honestly, from what pro athletes say, a coach who doesn't BS you is a rare person indeed.

Spanky185

Dec 1, 2014
Between BOS and NYC

This team has looked completely listless at points this season, though they've stepped it up since the TDL. Perhaps he makes it through his current extension, but I fear that a full on youth movement will split the room in half, as more rookies get put on the healthy scratch carousel.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
This team has looked completely listless at points this season, though they've stepped it up since the TDL. Perhaps he makes it through his current extension, but I fear that a full on youth movement will split the room in half, as more rookies get put on the healthy scratch carousel.

Just about all teams look listless at times. The fact that the Bs sit where they are in terms of points and the standings tell me they are far from a listless team overall. This team with the horrid defense Claude has been given should not be where they are at. He clearly is not having a problem with the players buying into his program.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Clode is set now. Given his stature, I figure exceeding expectations this year buys him at least another full season and into 2017/18, regardless of how things go next year.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Although I probably think Claude should be nominated for coach of the year I am guessing he falls to 4th or 5th and doesn't make it. I figure Trotz, Gallant and Ruff are the three nominations. Does anyone see anything far different than that. I guess we have a few weeks left and if Florida could nose dive a bit and we pass them I guess that one could change.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Although I probably think Claude should be nominated for coach of the year I am guessing he falls to 4th or 5th and doesn't make it. I figure Trotz, Gallant and Ruff are the three nominations. Does anyone see anything far different than that. I guess we have a few weeks left and if Florida could nose dive a bit and we pass them I guess that one could change.

Caps and to some degree Dallas were expected to be good teams.

Pre season the Bruins were predicted by many to be once again out of the playoff picture and there was pretty strong consensus that Claude would be the first coach fired this season. IMO he will likely be a finalist and he should win and I don't think it's close.

As for Claude-he often frustrates me and frankly I think he's one of the best coaches in the league (IMO Coach Q is the best a five coach) even if at times I want to kick him in the shins. I do think his players like and respect him and when I hear Marchand talk about Claude it's clear he has high regards and respect for him-he is t just playing at giving hockey answers and he comments from his dad in Behind the B confirm that Claude has been a good influence on him.

Bergeron clearly likes him as well.

But once again there are those days he makes me want to throw things at my TV set. Last season Claude lost me, but I think he's done a lot with this team this year (and we can be honest he had a challenge with the defense).

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
I love Claude and hope your right but I just don't see it coming out that way unless the bruins at least win the division which I kind of doubt will happen considering the three remaining scheds. I totally agree with you that the players really respect him. As far as Washington and dallas go I know they were suppose to be good but Washingtons season has to be recognized and dallas as well. I did leave sutter off because I thought the kings had a ton of talent and them missing the playoffs was a fluke. However I got plenty of people arguing with me on here in the summer that the kings were done as a good team.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I love Claude and hope your right but I just don't see it coming out that way unless the bruins at least win the division which I kind of doubt will happen considering the three remaining scheds. I totally agree with you that the players really respect him. As far as Washington and dallas go I know they were suppose to be good but Washingtons season has to be recognized and dallas as well. I did leave sutter off because I thought the kings had a ton of talent and them missing the playoffs was a fluke. However I got plenty of people arguing with me on here in the summer that the kings were done as a good team.

Yeah, I'll go with Trotz.

Cap's are a whole different animal this year. And both Julien & Ruff have won before. Not that it should matter, but I'll bet it does.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Heard his pathetic excuse for the California trip. Made me sick. Can hardly wait to hear tomorrow's BS about it being the second game in back to back nights and how the league has done them no favors with the schedule. It's like clockwork. He chimes up and makes me want to scream with this crap.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Heard his pathetic excuse for the California trip. Made me sick. Can hardly wait to hear tomorrow's BS about it being the second game in back to back nights and how the league has done them no favors with the schedule. It's like clockwork. He chimes up and makes me want to scream with this crap.

Didn't hear it.

What was it, played 3 teams that are much better than us?

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad

It is just a fact that the schedule often favors one team or the other. This doesn't mean florida will win tomorrow but it is advantage them. I didn't hear the west coast excuse but if he said it was three really good teams in their building he would be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad