OT: Classic Canucks Games - Where we share and watch oldies goldies.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Hey!

Im PuckMunchkin and I really like Canucks hockey.

It seems that Canucks hockey is yet again over early, so I thought how about we watch some classics that can be found online for free?

Comment what ever you like, links to games etc.

Should we have a vote for what game we watch next? Kinda like a book club thing? Game per week? Anyways...

I'll start with the game I'm currently watching:

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
There are quite a few full/almost full Canucks games on youtube worth checking out IMO, I watched this one a few months ago.

This might be the oldest Canucks game currently on the internet :laugh:

I remember that 1975 game in Montreal, it was Game 5. Dennis Kearns deflected a pass into his own net for the series-winning goal in OT. Wish they had Game 2, which the Canucks won on a controversial late goal when Leon Rochefort ran into Dryden. It was the first time that the Canucks had ever defeated the Habs.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I really want to be able to watch 02/03 Bertuzzi one day since I've heard so much interesting shit about him, but I've never been able to find sufficient footage.

Minny

4. ???

St Louis

1. ???

Last edited:

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
Wish I could remember what game it was, but I went to one where it took 1/2 an hour to play the last 2 minutes of the game, due to a bunch of fights. Momesso got a gross misconduct, and he took a 2-handed slash at another guy's ankles that the guy jumped over. Good stuff.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Wish I could remember what game it was, but I went to one where it took 1/2 an hour to play the last 2 minutes of the game, due to a bunch of fights. Momesso got a gross misconduct, and he took a 2-handed slash at another guy's ankles that the guy jumped over. Good stuff.

Against the Rangers in 1994 ... but the regular season. Joe Kocur was the guy who jumped over Momesso's stick.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
I always had a soft spot for Big Serge… the guy bled black, orange and red.
I fondly remember his patented, “dump the puck in the corner and then staple the defenceman into the boards” play. Good times… good times…

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Why would you choose to watch game 6 vs the Blues in '95? Didn't we lose like 8-2? There's only two minutes of that I ever want to watch and it's Gino trying to fight literally the entire Blues team shirtless.

1986 Canucks/Rangers, Espo behind the bench and I believe Skriko was on an absolute tear.

Here's the only game from the 1982 SCF that's worth watching. Bossy hit the damn post, ok?

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
The full games aren't anywhere but CanucksHD has a treasure trove of highlights and interviews starting from 2008-09 season until the end of the 2013 playoffs.
I don't know about regular season games from that era, but you can find the playoff games from 2011 (and possibly other years) on Youtube:

Searching on Youtube will produce random full games from pretty much every year past about 1990.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
The first tentative sniff that our long epoch of malaise might be coming to an end...

I was at Games 4 and 6. Tons of fun. After the Canucks scored the three quick ones late in the second period of Game 6, we were down in the concourse having our between-period beers and a big "Calgary sucks" chant went up. Crowd was really into it that night.

Reactions: David Bruce Banner

CalderSchmalder

Jul 26, 2009
Vancouver

Nice high quality game here from 2010, Schneider in goal vs Theodore for the Wild. Burns, Clutterbuck, and Koivu still on the Wild, Peter Schaefer playing in one of his 16 games that season for the Nucks before having his contract terminated.

Ehrhoff really stands out to me as a great player that we only got to watch for a fairly short time, 2 seasons. Would have been nice to have him longer but of course Buffalo signed him to that massive contract.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Potato quality... but here's Game 5 of the 1974-75 Playoffs. Canucks got matched up with the dynasty Canadiens in Round 1. Much like in 1989, we didn't stand much of a chance on paper, but we put up a pretty good fight. Game 5 was the elimination game, but we forced it to overtime.
This was a pretty decent Canuck squad and Gary Smith was our first top tier goalie. The team reverted to mediocre once we let him go. Too bad he insulted Arthur Griffith's wife.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad