Injury Report: Clarkson out 4-6 weeks.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Did his contract insurance carry over in the trade?

The Leafs may do some stupid things but I'd still like to believe that at least he is insured.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Good to show toughness and play through the injury to try and show his skills and character to his new team. He will be back next year and be a force on the third line.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
This was classic. Trade to get rid of injured guy and guy who replaces him is immediately injured.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Well, that's not our medical staff.

Unless of course he communicated his discomfort after his first game and was misdiagnosed.

Get well soon Clarksy

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
If I remember right, I think most of his salary was paid as a signing bonus. That's why Toronto couldn't buy him out.

The good thing is that cash all had to be paid July 1, so there should be relatively little to pay this year. Small point, but there was likely a small saving to the club this year from the trade even with the injury.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
The downside is pretty obvious.

There is an upside though, which is that he looked really hungry and physical in his first 2 periods against New Jersey. In the games after, though, he's looked really bad. But they're saying he tore his oblique against NJ so hopefully when he gets healthy he's more like the 1st game. No illusion that he's a top-6 guy, but if he could be similar to what Raffi Torres was then I'd be happy (physical, instigator, some secondary scoring).

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
The downside is pretty obvious.

There is an upside though, which is that he looked really hungry and physical in his first 2 periods against New Jersey. In the games after, though, he's looked really bad. But they're saying he tore his oblique against NJ so hopefully when he gets healthy he's more like the 1st game. No illusion that he's a top-6 guy, but if he could be similar to what Raffi Torres was then I'd be happy (physical, instigator, some secondary scoring).

I expect him to be a fixture on our third line. He doesn't need to be anymore than that.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I expect him to be a fixture on our third line. He doesn't need to be anymore than that.

I expect him to be injured.... :sarcasm:

To be honest, and the truth is hard sometimes..... don't expect much from Clarkson.... he's 30 years old and on the down side of his career..

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
I'm afraid they will try to slot him in on the first line due to his salary.

Why? They haven't done this with Foligno or Hartnell or anyone else making similar money. I expect them to do what they always do - find the right combination that works for a given period of time. I doubt salary every comes into it.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Why? They haven't done this with Foligno or Hartnell or anyone else making similar money. I expect them to do what they always do - find the right combination that works for a given period of time. I doubt salary every comes into it.

Then explain Jared Boll. :sarcasm:

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
find the right combination that works for a given period of time

Given period of time, vanishing point between past and future, illusion of our quintessence. Find the right and don't stop, trying to find better again and again with null result. Richardson's axiom. Anyway, Thank for warm words. I pre-booked my travel " Road to Calvary 2015-2016"

UaIUAnO.jpg

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Well, that's not our medical staff.

Unless of course he communicated his discomfort after his first game and was misdiagnosed.

Get well soon Clarksy

Clarkson on Sports Net Hockey Central today "the trainers here are amazing"

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Clarkson on Sports Net Hockey Central today "the trainers here are amazing"
This immediately suggested to me the possibility that if it weren't for the medical staff that so many of us are pissed off at, the injury situation would be even worse.

That seems outrageous... but, c'mon. This is the Blue Jackets, here. The living symbolic representation of Murphy's Law. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad