Confirmed with Link: Clarkson and 4th Rd Draft pick (2020) to Toronto for Sparks

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
What is Sparks cap hit? Does he get traded? Can he be buried in the AHL? Can Subban be traded or sent to the AHL?

Basically, are we still spending the same cap hit on goaltending?

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
What is Sparks cap hit? Does he get traded? Can he be buried in the AHL? Can Subban be traded or sent to the AHL?

Basically, are we still spending the same cap hit on goaltending?
I believe he can be AHL fodder, haven't seen what is cap hit is, but I won't complain with extra compitition between the pipes.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
750k one way (I think its one way) for Sparks. Waive him, and the full cap hit is buried I think. So basically no cap back.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
FINALLY.

We never have to hear any of those silly proposals about Tuch/Theodore/McPhee's left nut to get rid of an LTIR contract ever again.

raw
tenor.gif

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Nice article by Mirtle on the Athletic on why Toronto wanted the Clarkson LTIR cap hit. ($1m salary this season; $800k covered by insurance, $200k out of pocket)

And potentially, they could look for more to LTIR help to get Marner new deal signed.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Love that Clarkson broke the boards. I wonder if Prior sees something with Sparks
Sparks was most likely a throw in, seems like he was done in Toronto and they've tried to move him.

Which is a weird turn of events considering they kept him over McBackup last year.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Me while Hfboards was down for the past 24 hours:
mrburnslaughing5oj53.gif

Yeah Sparks is most likely insurance in case Dansk gets claimed off waivers. Either way Sparks/Dansk for the Wolves should be a great combo with Ferguson in the ECHL.

I wonder where Patera will play next season though.

Reactions: 7even

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
FINALLY.

We never have to hear any of those silly proposals about Tuch/Theodore/McPhee's left nut to get rid of an LTIR contract ever again.

raw
tenor.gif
And all God's people said Amen , Amen , Amen !

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Yeah Sparks is most likely insurance in case Dansk gets claimed off waivers. Either way Sparks/Dansk for the Wolves should be a great combo with Ferguson in the ECHL.

I wonder where Patera will play next season though.

ECHL probably. (2 NHL, 2 AHL, 1 ECHL)

Will be a competition in camp(s) to determine who plays where.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
That's only 5, Patera makes 6.

He wasn't signed by 5/31/19, so VGK lost his rights. No longer in organization.

(At least that's what I think his status is. Another option is that as he was drafted out of Europe, VGK holds his rights for 4 seasons.)

Could also play in Europe.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
He wasn't signed by 5/31/19, so VGK lost his rights. No longer in organization.

(At least that's what I think his status is. Another option is that as he was drafted out of Europe, VGK holds his rights for 4 seasons.)

Could also play in Europe.

I think you're thinking of Zhukov. VGK retain Patera's rights for 2 more years due to him playing in the Czech League when he was drafted.

Patera will probably go back to the Wheat Kings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad