Rumor: Clarkson, 1st going to Vegas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbjfaninmo

4 those about 2 rock
Mar 17, 2012
Lake of the Ozarks, MO
I agree we should hang onto Hartnell for atleast this next season unless the space is really needed or he can be traded. Last year was a weird one for Hartnell, seemed like he needed a bit more conditioning but at the same time they wanted Hartnell dialed back so much and worried about his penalties that it hurt his game and he probably didn't always feel like he could get himself involved like he wants. All that being said I think he should get breaks throughout the year and cycle in players if thats what is going to give us the best Hartnell when it matters, there are tons of options to fill in for spot duty like Maletta and Scott as starters as Hanikainen will probably be close to a full time player especially if Calvert is on his way out. I also like what the team did in the past with guys like Anderson, Bjorkstrand, Milano etc where they give these young guys a couple games then that way they get a taste of what to expect in the future plus you can see where they stand against NHL players. Kolesar, Thurkauf, Sherwood and maybe even Moutrey would be decent options for that scenario

I agree with this

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I saw somewhere it said the league osntelling every team to keep ots mouth shut for any deals with vegas until its revealed on the 21st. So all our speculating wont get any new info or conformations until the night of expansion meaning any further deal will not happen until that goes through.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
I saw somewhere it said the league osntelling every team to keep ots mouth shut for any deals with vegas until its revealed on the 21st. So all our speculating wont get any new info or conformations until the night of expansion meaning any further deal will not happen until that goes through.

We should know by Friday or Saturday if Hartnell is getting bought out.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I do hope that the FO isn't expending any resources to keep Wild Bill.

He's an easily replaceable spare part who went 45 games or so without a goal.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

While I do agree with you that I hope they don't send Vegas picks to keep Karlsson, I do think he was one of our best players in the playoffs. And I think he has another level to get to offensively, whether he gets there or not is for him to decide. It's a big year for him. I don't think he's quite as skilled as Wennberg, but I think he's got alot of tools to work with.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I agree with both of you Karlson is actually who I wanted to lose in the draft from the start. We might trade for a new C, and PLD easily moved into his spot if drafted. I think Sedlak is just as skilled if not more skilled then Karlson. He was a better face off man and while streaky on offense I think seds actually has more potential. And while I agree Karlson was fantastic in the playoffs, when Sedlak came back from injury he came in and was instant impact. Won every face off and just played great. I think all the stuff we give up to protect players is more so for JJ and Anderson and Jenner and Korpi. JJ being kept was important to make Murray available to trade for a Duchene type and the others we need for here. Karlson brings nothing to the team that isn't replaceable so maybe we actually use him as the valuable piece to go to Vegas. Clarkson+prospect that's hopefully not a great one and Next years 1st hopefully because there are like 5 guys I want to see in union blue. Poehling, Yamamoto, Norris, Thomas, or Anderson.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
He was trash in 4 of the 5 playoff games.

63218136.jpg

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
correct me if im wrong but hartnell's points per min last year was among the highest on the roster. meaning even in a reduced role he is still an effective player.

Yes he still produced at a top six rate playing 12 minutes a game. Then again you really don't want to pay 5 million to a guy playing 12 minutes a game either. The production isn't so much the issue.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I take umbrage at this remark.

Had to say it.

Difference between changing a guy's name to include an insult and calling out his game. I was reprimanded for typing up "Blol" when #40 was here (where are you ca5250??).

But anyway, Karlsson got dominated in possession by Malkin's line except for one game. Not really what you want from a "defensive center."

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

You got it, CR. If we are worried about losing Wild Bill, then we have some real depth problems. Put out the :help: sign.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
You got it, CR. If we are worried about losing Wild Bill, then we have some real depth problems. Put out the :help: sign.

Seems like a rather short sighted comment and one that undervalues the player. He's quite valuable in his role, especially at 1M next season, and he showed he has another level with his play in the playoffs.

This really isn't the thread for this, but I would do what I can to keep him. Sure there are limits, but if the cost is reasonable and you aren't going to lose Anderson in the process do it.

Our depth a C isn't boundless buy any stretch.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
blahblah;133414859[B said:
]Seems like a rather short sighted comment and one that undervalues the player[/B]. He's quite valuable in his role, especially at 1M next season, and he showed he has another level with his play in the playoffs.

This really isn't the thread for this, but I would do what I can to keep him. Sure there are limits, but if the cost is reasonable and you aren't going to lose Anderson in the process do it.

No. Shortsighted is overvaluing a plug.

Elevates his play in the playoffs! Yeah, a potential Conn Smythe type of guy. Take that to the bank.:laugh: I love it when people use sample sizes of 5 which include luck goals and use it as a basis of determining playoff ability. LOL

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
No. Shortsighted is overvaluing a plug.

Elevates his play in the playoffs! Yeah, a potential Conn Smythe type of guy. Take that to the bank.:laugh: I love it when people use sample sizes of 5 which include luck goals and use it as a basis of determining playoff ability. LOL
It's also fun to watch people use "sample size" as an excuse to entirely dismiss evidence against their position, rather than incorporating it into their evaluation.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
It's also fun to watch people use "sample size" as an excuse to entirely dismiss evidence against their position, rather than incorporating it into their evaluation.

Evidence that Wild Beel is a playoff performer. What evidence. None was presented. One lucky goal and another goal. After a 45 game drought.

Yeah, you two are right. He was just "saving it" for the postseason:laugh::laugh::laugh: 5 games is quite the indicator of real ability.

Reminds me of the Montreal board claiming that Lars Eller was a "playoff performer". He and Rene Bourque-yeah, that one-had a post season where Bourque had 8 goals and Eller 5. Eller has one goal in all of his other 30+ playoff games combined.

Wild Beeel's 2 goals came after the CBJ were down 3 games to none in the series. Guess he's an elimination game type of guy. Take it to the bank.

Last edited:

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Seems like a rather short sighted comment and one that undervalues the player. He's quite valuable in his role, especially at 1M next season, and he showed he has another level with his play in the playoffs.

I'll agree with your point that we're not deep at center. However I don't think I undervalue Wild Bill or am being shortsighted. He's a fourth line center and I will take Sedlak over him. I would hate to enter the season once again with both Bill and Sedlak as our bottom six center men. I admit to hoping we strengthen at the top and Dubi can drop to the third line C.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I'll agree with your point that we're not deep at center. However I don't think I undervalue Wild Bill or am being shortsighted. He's a fourth line center and I will take Sedlak over him. I would hate to enter the season once again with both Bill and Sedlak as our bottom six center men. I admit to hoping we strengthen at the top and Dubi can drop to the third line C.

Depending on what kind of line the want to put Dubois on Karlsson could play on his wing as a bit of support. Not sure how much of an offensive role Dubois will be given off the start. Maybe he gets something like Foligno-Dubois-Anderson or fit Karlsson on that RW. Im assuming Dubois sticks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad