Confirmed with Link: Clarke MacArthur signs 5 year contract

LynxBud

Nov 27, 2013
Gloucester
Yeeesss! So happy with this signing. Love everything about it. Fantastic deal and it's just nice to hear some great news regarding this franchise.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I don't get how people are unhappy with this, be grateful the first time we retained actual talent since a long time.

Healfezza

Sep 9, 2008
Red Deer
We resigned a hard working player with talent at both ends of the ice for fair value. On the open market he could potentially get a much bigger pay day next year.

Good player
Fair salary cap
Reasonable term

This is the epitome of a "sweet spot" deal. It isn't a "steal" and it isn't an "overpayment", it is just "perfect".

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I'd never considered MacArthur for captain. Makes more sense to me than Phillips or Karlsson.

Ottawa has a captain that leads by example, and gets chastised for not having a more vocal captain. Ottawa names a vocal guy captain, and gets chastised for not having a captain that leads by example at both ends of the ice.

Yay Ottawa

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
I have silently harboured the opinion that MacArthur would make an excellent captain for the past several months, and I would like credit for that now.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
I have silently harboured the opinion that MacArthur would make an excellent captain for the past several months, and I would like credit for that now.

One of Turris or MacArthur should get a letter for sure. Doubt they both do.

Having Neil wear one is a joke. Spezza is gone and Phillips should be. We should have three new candidates from the pool of the "new" core. MacArthur is one who should be considered.

If Ryan signs, he may get a letter as well. Won't have all three on the same line for sure.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Having Neil wear one is a joke.

I wouldn't say a "joke"... I mean, Neil has been a great community guy and teammate here for over a decade, so I understand the "reward" part of it... but he should not have a letter under any circumstance whatsoever. He has too much of a reputation with the refs, you can't have a guy like him who is a notorious victim of "reputation calls" against him be the guy who is the official voice for the team with the refs.

Tactical error on our part giving him an "A".

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
One of Turris or MacArthur should get a letter for sure. Doubt they both do.

Having Neil wear one is a joke. Spezza is gone and Phillips should be. We should have three new candidates from the pool of the "new" core. MacArthur is one who should be considered.

If Ryan signs, he may get a letter as well. Won't have all three on the same line for sure.

I understand that HFers have really strong opinions about what they feel as hockey fans. But I'm going to put you in a context just to open your horizon a little bit

Imagine if you walk into the Sens room after a game or before, or even at a practice (doesn't matter) and you throw away that statement when you have the attention of everybody, even the coaching staff. Just imagine it. I don't think Neil would try to fight you but I wonder what would be the reaction outside of hysterical laughs... Conclusion : we have no idea of what goes inside that room

I understand that Neil is on the downside of his career and might be out of the league in not so long, but IMO we are not qualified at all to have anything more than an "outsider random opinion" on it.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Mostly off-topic, but does anybody know how to find out if you are related to someone?

There seems be some circumstantial evidence that I am in some way or another related to Clarke.

I know about ancestry.com, but while finding this out would be cool, I'm not gonna pay 40+ dollars to find out haha.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Mostly off-topic, but does anybody know how to find out if you are related to someone?

There seems be some circumstantial evidence that I am in some way or another related to Clarke.

I know about ancestry.com, but while finding this out would be cool, I'm not gonna pay 40+ dollars to find out haha.

doesnt it have a free trial or something?

otherwise a quick google search came up with this being the best free alternative https://familysearch.org/

The only other options i can think of is building out the family tree yourself by calling/asking family lol

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

That'd be really cool (and then you could update us on Ryan :sarcasm:), the 40$ would be worth it IMO. I dunno, just don't drink beer for 1 week or skip a restaurant and you won't even see the difference in your wallet.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

If ancestral relations are your thing, if any of your ancestors lived in Europe, especially western Europe, then it's almost certain that Charlemagne is one of your ancestors!

See: http://sandwalk.blogspot.ca/2009/10/are-you-descedant-of-charlemagne.html

:)

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
doesnt it have a free trial or something?

otherwise a quick google search came up with this being the best free alternative https://familysearch.org/

It does have a free trial, but only for the domestic American database. I need the Canadian records, hence the $40. Thank you for the link though, I'll check it out.

. I dunno, just don't drink beer for 1 week or skip a restaurant and you won't even see the difference in your wallet.

Don't drink beer for a week? Not worth it :sarcasm:

If ancestral relations are your thing, if any of your ancestors lived in Europe, especially western Europe, then it's almost certain that Charlemagne is one of your ancestors!

My Mother's maiden name is MacArthur, which actually means son of Arthur. My descendents are from Scotland...put those together and.. King Arthur :naughty:

Anyways, I looked up Lloydminster AB where Clarke is from, and I realized that was ~5 hours drive away from the Moosejaw / Regina area where both my Grandfather and Mother are from. That, coupled with the same last name + the relatively small population of the Canadian praries made me think there could be a connection somewhere.

Also, I found a picture of my Grandpa when he was in his 20's, and he looks eerily similar to Clarke. Kinda funny actually.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
It does have a free trial, but only for the domestic American database. I need the Canadian records, hence the $40. Thank you for the link though, I'll check it out.

Don't drink beer for a week? Not worth it :sarcasm:

My Mother's maiden name is MacArthur, which actually means son of Arthur. My descendents are from Scotland...put those together and.. King Arthur :naughty:

Anyways, I looked up Lloydminster AB where Clarke is from, and I realized that was ~5 hours drive away from the Moosejaw / Regina area where both my Grandfather and Mother are from. That, coupled with the same last name + the relatively small population of the Canadian praries made me think there could be a connection somewhere.

Also, I found a picture of my Grandpa when he was in his 20's, and he looks eerily similar to Clarke. Kinda funny actually.

My grandfather emigrated from Scotland to Canada in the early 1900s.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
MacArthur On His Extension

On the importance of the security after going through free agency:

Definitely a factor, I wouldn't lie about that. It's something where you get the deal done and you're comfortable with your surroundings. It's a place I'm happy to stay, there's no question about that. It's a place I wanted to stay, I wasn't looking to play the season out and see what was out there. I really enjoyed playing with Turris and Bobby Ryan last year and I love the potential of our team. This year is the year we've got to get back to the playoffs and all those things kind of factored into this decision.

edit: Gee whiz, this is from Thursday. Funny I hadn't seen it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad