BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Last edited by a moderator:

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
MacArthur must be very frustrated. He's one of the very few that actually competed hard every night. Just like Conacher.

Last edited:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I bet MacArthur regrets signing up for this team. I would not be surprised if he demanded for a trade in the offseason.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I'm going to paraphrase for now until I can find the audio posted somewhere, but basically said the team's performance has been embarrassing, guys don't have pride, back door goals are unacceptable, guys not being competitive in the d-zone or taking pride in playing defensively, etc. Very very candid.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
It was on CBC Ottawa (maybe no, see edit). Radio I believe. Should have audio eventually.

Dan Séguin ‏@SeguinSports 4m

Powerful invu with Scott MacArthur today. Brutally honest about #Sens 'unacceptable' compete level this season. #cbcott

Dan Séguin ‏@SeguinSports 2m

Robin Lehner also puzzled as to why this team 'melts' so easily when it faces adversity. #Sens #cbcott

Dan Séguin ‏@SeguinSports 1m

Both Spezza & MacArthur agree that the clubs system is not to blame for struggles. 'All teams play basically the same' #Sens #cbcott

lol @ Scott MacArthur.

edit: perhaps occured in scrum not on radio? Seguin seemed the first on it.

Last edited:

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
MacArthur basically did this.

giphy.gif

It worked for guys like Gigure, maybe itll motivate the squad

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Ken Warren ‏@Citizenkwarren 2m
Clarke MacArthur says Senators players owe it to fans to compete harder in a very honest inward look at what has gone wrong with team

Dan Séguin ‏@SeguinSports 4m
MacArthur says game will humble you if you don't put forth an honest effort. Team says all the right things but doesn't execute. #cbcott

Yep, he's right.

Senafan

May 17, 2013
No backbone to this team.

Too many players mailing it in.

Lack of skill / accountability on the vets.

Locker room must be a mess of players rushing to get home after the latest blowout.

He's just telling it like it is.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Leadership.

We have Neil playing way too many minutes, and Phillips playing any minutes.

We have all of the pieces in place to be a good team, but nothing to help them fight through adversity.

Our bottom 6 is littered with players that have less than 200 game played, and we expect them to know how to battle through the tough times?

We better throw money at Steve Ott on July 1st.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
I love MacArthur because he says it as he see's it and doesn't always tow the company line.....If everyone played as hard as him, I guarantee you that we would be in a playoff position as we speak. He wants players to compete in all zones and to me that is very telling of what he might think of certain players. Players that I see who give a crap in their own zone are:

MacArthur
Turris
Zibanejad

John Holmes*

Maybe he didn't speak up sooner because he is fairly new to the team, and maybe he also thought that they would "come around" at some point.

I like MacArthur. He's been a real solid addition.

Yet another player coming from outside commenting on how our team has no accountability.

The team is a complete mess from top to bottom.

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
I would be gutted if guys with heart like MacArthur and Ryan walk and floater veterans stay on. Melnyk better sort this crap out.

melnyk budget*

1. it's way too late for anything at this point....
2. so i guess macarthur is leaving next summer...will methot, ryan, spezza follow?

didn't brent wallace say a few days ago on some radio show that the sens front office is a 'zoo' right now? dysfunctional organization.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad