OT: Cirque du Soleil has been detained for growing cannabis on his private island in the South Pacific

Status
Not open for further replies.

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
Considering it's legal in Canada and that's the standard Canadians now live by, imo he's done nothing wrong.

Perhaps but this isn't on Canadian soil...

Quebec billionaire and Cirque du Soleil co-founder Guy Laliberté has been detained for growing cannabis on his private island in French Polynesia.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Considering it's legal in Canada and that's the standard Canadians now live by, imo he's done nothing wrong.

That's a dangerous attitude to take when you're in another country and even more dangerous if you extend it to visitors from other countries coming here.

Reactions: Silencio and Cosmix

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
100% agree just concerned being in jail/ convicted could effect him being a viable new owner

****thanks mods for moving stuff over

Even if he is not convicted, this could make him inadmissible to the united states. Not sure that's viable for an NHL team owner.

Reactions: senswon

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Perhaps but this isn't on Canadian soil...

Quebec billionaire and Cirque du Soleil co-founder Guy Laliberté has been detained for growing cannabis on his private island in French Polynesia.

That's a dangerous attitude to take when you're in another country and even more dangerous if you extend it to visitors from other countries coming here.
Agree with both of you that it's at his own risk and you pay the consequences by taking chances in foreign countries. I just meant from a moral standpoint of Canadians, he's done nothing wrong really.

Reactions: senswon

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
This seems like a situation you avoid by buying people off in advance - but maybe my binge watching of The Shield is misguiding me.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

Is it? They legalised controlled sale, possession, but as far as I know you're still not allowed to grow it. Do correct me if I'm wrong though

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Is it? They legalised controlled sale, possession, but as far as I know you're still not allowed to grow it. Do correct me if I'm wrong though
You're allowed to grow up to 4 plants per household. For personal use, obviously

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Ya 4 plants is legal as was brought up by a few others.

I hear you, but either way, it's been established that Cannabis is nothing to be concerned about morally anymore and is just held back by archaic laws in other countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad