Predictions:

- Avs over Hawks
- Hawks over Jets
- Canucks over Hawks in OT
- Hawks over Oilers
- Hawks over Flames
- Hawks over Stars in OT
- Coyotes over Hawks

- Trip point leader: Sharpie (he wants Team Canada!)
- Goaltender wins leader: Raanta (fired up to play in the show and gets the easy games)
- PIM leader: Keith
- Third line RW by the end of the trip: Morin:sarcasm: (but seriously)
- Most hated player on HF Chicago by end of of trip: Bollig (apologies Brookbank, Zeus)
- Bold prediction: PK outperforms the PP
- Miscellaneous: P. Kanes +/- is + by the end of the trip

Flame away!

Lots of different opinions on where the Hawks are headed from reading this board. Would like to hear all of your predictions.

w00d

Remember the Roar
Oct 14, 2011
Chicago Stadium
Hawks win all the games.

They lose all the games, Quenneville gets fired, Toews gets traded to Winnipeg for Ladd, Byfuglien and Frolik, Kane gets traded to Buffalo for John Scott, and Bowman rolls an enormous joint in the Stanley Cup banner and smokes himself to death.

:yo:

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Hawks win all the games.

Exactly.

On paper we are better (in some cases much better than all of those teams). As road games go, the ops we face could be much tougher (again, on paper). Rather than trying to predict anything, I’d like to see:
- Raanta acquit himself well
- Hossa back (he looked like his old self before his latest set back)
- Q to play Versteeg smartly, not with Pirri and Kane
- In fact, Q to balance out the top 2 lines (good luck with this one)
- the team to play responsibly in their own zone
- the PK to play respectably.

They do all that and .500 hockey on this road swing will be good enough for me. It’s all about getting better and team chemistry at this point in the season.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Hope the boys bring extra oxygen bottles for the Avs game.

All dangerous games but particularly worried about the Avs, Oilers, and Phoenix.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

All dangerous games but particularly worried about the Avs, Oilers, and Phoenix.

Feel a lot better with no Duchene.

Don't see why we'd be scared of the Oilers, they're a mess, and we own the Coyotes these days. I think/hope we get 10 points out of the trip one way or another.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Oilers always seem to be problemmatic for the Hawks no matter what their record is. Dont know what the Hawks problem is but its always seems like an adventure playing them.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Last few years, definitely, but I just see the Oilers as such a mess and disaster right now, that that theory doesn't really apply as much these days. But I hold the Oilers to a really, really low standard right now.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Last few years, definitely, but I just see the Oilers as such a mess and disaster right now, that that theory doesn't really apply as much these days. But I hold the Oilers to a really, really low standard right now.

Well we won 5-4 last game. It wasn't really a decisive victory.;

Bryz will probably be in net when we play. Should be interesting!

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011

:laugh:

Duchene, Tanguay, Wilson all injured.

Our 3rd and 4th lines consist of Mitchell, McLeod, Bordeleau, Cliche, Talbot and Malone. Hawks should pick that apart no problem.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
:laugh:

Duchene, Tanguay, Wilson all injured.

Our 3rd and 4th lines consist of Mitchell, McLeod, Bordeleau, Cliche, Talbot and Malone. Hawks should pick that apart no problem.
Nashville didnt have much of an offense on paper either.

Altitude works in the Avs favor no matter who you put on the ice.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

One thing Saturdays game proved was that any NHL team can be dangerous. Preds shooters couldn't hit a barn door going in, then commenced to look like SC contenders - and they were playing without Rinne who is arguably among the top 3 or 5 goalies in hockey. Hawks then turn around and beat Sharks handily the next night. DOH

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Nashville didnt have much of an offense on paper either.

Altitude works in the Avs favor no matter who you put on the ice.

You're not the first person to say that, and you won't be the last, but imo altitude doesn't affect the game as much as some people think.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
You're not the first person to say that, and you won't be the last, but imo altitude doesn't affect the game as much as some people think.
Avs broke the Hawks streak last year when they were steamrolling out of the gate. Altitude gassed them... besides being outplayed.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Exactly.

On paper we are better (in some cases much better than all of those teams). As road games go, the ops we face could be much tougher (again, on paper). Rather than trying to predict anything, I’d like to see:
- Raanta acquit himself well
- Hossa back (he looked like his old self before his latest set back)
- Q to play Versteeg smartly, not with Pirri and Kane
- In fact, Q to balance out the top 2 lines (good luck with this one)
- the team to play responsibly in their own zone
- the PK to play respectably.

They do all that and .500 hockey on this road swing will be good enough for me. It’s all about getting better and team chemistry at this point in the season.

I'm always of the mindset that .500 on the road is solid, one game above is ideal, anything more is gravy. This team is clearly capable of more but as long as they go .500 and they play solid hockey I'm good with it.

SchruteFarms

Aug 8, 2010
11 of 14 pts

tumblr_lmyn47BlIN1qa9689.gif

LandofLincoln*

7 games = 7 points. I'm expecting this to be the low point of the season. We could lose three games in a row. I'm not trying to be negative. I don't think we are hitting the soft spot of the schedule here. It is okay to play average for 10-12 days. I think we will return to Chicago and go on a 4-5 game win streak. I'm just expecting normal, because they are allowed to be that and not always play at elite levels during an 82 game season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad