Cifu Corrects THN Writer (again)

Jan 19, 2006
The Hockey News still exists?

Who knew? :dunno:

Cifu should take tomorrows paycheck, take half of it, buy The Hockey News and fire Campbell...

...through Twitter

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
The Hockey News is garbage. This hack Ken Campbell is an idiot. They never do research, just spew non factual nonsense and try to pass it off as an article or opinion, like it's 100% accurate.

So glad Doug stepped up and shut his mouth... again.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Hopefully the on-ice product reaches the level of excitement that these Twitter exchanges do..

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
So Campbell gets called out on an erroneous statement, and all he can do in defense is retaliate like a little child? What excellent journalistic integrity on display.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I told Cifu before how I've never been happier to have him as our owner and it's the absolute truth. How can you not love the guy for sticking it to the haters?

I have no idea how this guy can be employed as one of the senior writers of one of the biggest hockey publications in the world. How does he not know how to check something on Google, and then retract back from a fact check gone wrong like a Kindergartener. Seriously, The Hockey News is a joke if they don't fire this guy.

This isn't the first time either as he has ripped the Lightning and Coyotes as well before. It's disgusting to see the Canadian bias against Sunbelt teams by fans in general, but to see it just as bad from the media is just awful.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Fans are obviously still making this a thing on Twitter. This was posted earlier today by a fan. I just couldn't stop laughing. Hilarious.

CI69BGFUwAE3wn-.jpg

Jan 19, 2006
Welcome to the modern day sports media.:shakehead

Indeed.

The days of the Peter Gammons is gone. Thoughtful, insightful writing is dead.

Now it's all about being entertaining and generating controversy (within politically correct boundaries of course).

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
Indeed.

The days of the Peter Gammons is gone. Thoughtful, insightful writing is dead.

Now it's all about being entertaining and generating controversy (within politically correct boundaries of course).

Don't forget pursuing agendas, as in the case in point.

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
Would post it if I knew how but even Goldfarb had something to say to this hack haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad