Votes: 28 73.7%
  • More needed from Bflo

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • More needed from Zona

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I think the price will be higher, Johnson is now worth almost nothing.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Unless Chychrun literally comes out and says "I want to spend the next decade in Buffalo and only play RD", then he's not the right fit here, as much as I love the player.

Dumba is a better target in a trade (only if he would sign long term for reasonable $) and would cost less to acquire.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Unless Chychrun literally comes out and says "I want to spend the next decade in Buffalo and only play RD", then he's not the right fit here, as much as I love the player.

Dumba is a better target in a trade (only if he would sign long term for reasonable $) and would cost less to acquire.
For me, even if he’d be alright with that it now limits us to having 5 left shot defenseman for the long term. (Power, Sammy, Bryson/3LD, Dahlin on the right, Chychrun on the right.

It doesn’t make sense to have our 3rd pairing RHD as the only one right handed. Makes it too easy for teams to game plan. Dahlin on the offhand is fine but already not ideal.

I’m all onboard with trading assets that will probably be stuck in a log jam anyways to improve RD, but it needs to make sense.

Reactions: jmelm

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
I may be in the minority, as much as I love Chych. Not sure if he'd fit the culture we're trying to build. Maybe that's just me.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Severson could be an option too.

Maybe, but I may rather just wait to free agency for him. Depends on the price.

Not sure why we weren’t in on Marino. I would have offered Ryan Johnson + 2nd.

Dumba would still be my #1 though.

But I also have a feeling that while Adams is not at all allergic to making trades, he may just want to let this season play out with all of the internal players so there’s a full season of evaluation before making any major moves.

Reactions: K8fool

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Well, to be fair, last season's Tage was a stunner compared to previous seasons of Tage.

Granato seems good at bringing out the best in young players, so there's still hope for Mittelstadt.
I just don't see the same type of unlock for Mitts that Granato pulled off last season by moving Tage to center.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Mitts is really 22 to 23 years old if you take a half year off his zombie 2nd line center year when he should have been in Rochester.. subtract another 6 months as he was freakishly injured all year . He's matured and won't let his wrists get crushed the first game.
He was on his way after camp ready where cozens was not. Both will see large jumps with in their roles early this year.. If Mitts comes out hitting and winning puck battles , better line mates will see him 50 and up in points as low end. If he competes w cozens w physicality we have our top 3 centres all high second liners pushing those into too 30 League wide .. this year . Trusting our back end could also be easier as our top 6 d and a healthy engaged Anderson will help the team to open up .. Donnies kids could be a development year away.... but I sense lightning captured across the line up ..w elite guys in the press box and roc and high competition for spots. if they all come out quick and a physical nightmare to play at home. Wow.

Let's see this play out in camp and the first twenty..I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised .. ( So let's not trade anyone yet as we are in and enviable position for the first time since 2005 ..). Except picks , prospects not in top 5 like bloom. And anyone outside the top 18 looking in...

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I don't think so . They have the same heart. So anything is possible. Mitts has better vision and hands
Anything is not possible. Mitts isn’t magically going to turn into McDavid overnight.

Mitts can improve. Thompson could regress. I just have a ton of doubt that Mitts overcomes Thompson given how last season went.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad