Rumor: Chychrun has Soured on Ottawa, Unlikely to Extend

ScJeff

Jun 15, 2010
Why didn't Vegas take two minutes to look if they knew he had a ntc

They knew he had a NTC. They also know Ottawa told them he did not submit his list and according to the contract that would make it void. So they were told by the team who signed the contract and traded him that he did not have an active NTC anymore.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Melnyk or not he's the worst GM in this history of the NHL.
I always wondered if Dorion could do the job without Melnyk around and then Melnyk died and Dorion proved he was terrible at the job.

CornerStone61

Apr 13, 2015
If they do have to trade him, what the expected return? Will this be a Debrincat situation where they get no where close what they gave up?
Different situations given Detroit was the only place DBC was willing to go (though Dorion still got bent in that trade). Given how up and down Chychrun was this year I'm not sure they get similar value as they gave up for him but 4.6m for a top4 defenseman is still very valuable and lots of teams would be interested.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
What do Sens fans think of Klevin? Swayman for Chychrun, Bostons 1st and Klevin? I’m valuing Chychrun at a similar value of Hanifin with one year left and Swayman similar to Schneider.

Reactions: Laphroaig

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
What do Sens fans think of Klevin? Swayman for Chychrun, Bostons 1st and Klevin? I’m valuing Chychrun at a similar value of Hanifin with one year left and Swayman similar to Schneider.
lol. No chance. Klevin is what we’ve needed for a long time. How about our 2nd with Chychrun and your 1st.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
We saw all of your awful trade proposals a year or 2 ago.

To be fair that's a fine proposal right now.

Don't think Chychrun will return much more than a couple 2nds.

Here to offer Utah’s first two 2nds this year.

Do you think Chychrun would be willing to re-sign with his former team given the team now has a new home and some stability?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
To be fair that's a fine proposal right now.

Don't think Chychrun will return much more than a couple 2nds.

Do you think Chychrun would be willing to re-sign with his former team given the team now has a new home and some stability?
Depends on what his motivations are for not being happy. If it's truly about not winning, it might be hard to sell him on a team that just missed the playoffs.

Yes. Sorry to all those who were hoping I’d deactivate my account. Lol. :)
I'm glad you're staying. I respect your contributions. It will be good to have at least one experienced poster on the Utah board.

Reactions: JackieDaytona

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
Jim Benning would like a word
Benning is a f***ing genius compared to Pierre Dorion. The only good moves he made either fell in his lap (Giroux) or were ridiculous luck (Karlsson).

His "Proudest day" was moving Mark Stone for Erik Brannstrom...just think about that...yup, he is f***tarded.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
lol. No chance. Klevin is what we’ve needed for a long time. How about our 2nd with Chychrun and your 1st.

Wasn’t sure since he was yet another LD. I’d probably go dangle Swayman to NJ for their 2024 1st+ and try to see if there was a deal to be made with Ottawa based on Boston’s 2025 1st and a prospect instead for Chychrun.

edit: And I think if Ullmark won't go to Ottawa, then the Bruins should probably move Ullmark elsewhere and trying to find their top 4LD somewhere besides from Ottawa assuming Ottawa would demand an in division premium.

Last edited:

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Benning is a f***ing genius compared to Pierre Dorion. The only good moves he made either fell in his lap (Giroux) or were ridiculous luck (Karlsson).

His "Proudest day" was moving Mark Stone for Erik Brannstrom...just think about that...yup, he is f***tarded.

I mean Brannstrom was a very very well regarded prospect at the time. I remember on the Bruins board folks were saying “well, the only way we were gonna beat that offer is with McAvoy”

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Wasn’t sure since he was yet another LD. I’d probably go dangle Swayman to NJ for their 2024 1st+ and try to see if there was a deal to be made with Ottawa based on Boston’s 2025 1st and a prospect instead for Chychrun.
There is definitely a deal to be made for Chychrun. Do you guys have any interest in moving Carlo.

He’s up there, but I think Mel Bridgman was worse for the Senators.
He was great in the 6th sense “ I draft dead people”

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
I mean Brannstrom was a very very well regarded prospect at the time. I remember on the Bruins board folks were saying “well, the only way we were gonna beat that offer is with McAvoy”
He was a smurf then and he a smurf now.

Undersized defenders who aren't great skaters, can you think of alot of successful examples?

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016

Juolevi over M. Tkachuk
Virtanen over Nylander/Ehlers
9th overall + 2nd for OEL and Garland (OEL bought out 2 seasons later)
McCann + 33rd overall (our scouts liked DeBrincat) for Gudbranson
Bonino for Sutter (and giving him an absurd contract before he played a game as a Canuck)
Letting Tanev and Toffoli walk as free agents (they wanted to re-sign) in favour of signing guys like Virtanen and Holtby (bought out)
Signing Eriksson to 6x6 (and offered the same to Lucic), Beagle and Roussel to 3x4
Trading Kesler for 24th overall, Sbisa, and Bonino when Theodore or their top 10 pick used on Ritchie was on the table.
Letting UFAs walk without trading them despite being eliminated from the playoffs at the TDL (Hamhuis, Ryan Miller, Vrbata, etc).

Reactions: JiffyPB and God

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad