GDT: Churros’ Return: Flames GDT #39: CGY v. EDM, Wed. 31 December, Scotiabank Saddledome

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Woooo what a way to win! #findawayflames indeed! And in a playoff spot to start 2015. Couldn't ask for much more!

Happy New Years, boys!

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Happy New Year, everyone!

(Also, I call dibs on creating the next GDT for a game that I go to. For the first two periods, I wanted a refund. For the last two, I would’ve paid more. And I did. I bought Swedish Berries. No, I did not buy churros.)

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
By my watch, this is the first post on the Flames forum of 2015. ;)

EDIT: Well, in this thread anyway. Damn you AF.

And Happy New Year everyone. Managed to sneak away and watch this one. There were a lot of Canucks fans giving me flack when we were losing, so I was very happy to get the win.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

And Happy New Year everyone. Managed to sneak away and watch this one. There were a lot of Canucks fans giving me flack when we were losing, so I was very happy to get the win.
well isn't that just too bad :laugh:

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa

you mean me

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I had this game on in the back ground so I caught the highlights, but I basically missed the game due to indulging in New Years festivities. TC won, Flames won, what a great way to start the year, Happy New Years all!!

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Pretty entertaining game. Glad the Flames got the win. Loved the hitting, actually resembled a BoA. Great way for Jooris to make his return to the lineup.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
It was nice to see two lines with size when colborne played with Monahan and Glencross. Colborne is better than jones so I think he will help glencross's game.

I also have really liked Bollig in the last week or so. He's been an asset.

Our lineup will look really good once backlund gets back. I think a line of him, Byron and jones will be an awesome 3rd line. Jooris stays with Hudler and gaudreau. Stajan with the tanks Bouma and Bollig. And the Monahan line.

Granlund has been great but he can go back to the ahl for ice time and be the first call up. Raymond is also a really nice asset to have as a sub in.

With the veteran goalie duo and an awesome top 4 d group we will make a run at the playoffs.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Hm, seemed like a borderline hit to me really. Kind of surprised he got two games. Not that surprised though.

I'm glad he was suspended. Players need to learn that if you have the choice between hitting the front shoulder or avoiding it to hit the chest/head, you have to go for the shoulder or face discipline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad