Recalled/Assigned: Chuck Kobasew Recalled

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
When is Machacek going to get a call-up? He has more grit than Kobasew, and he's more talented than Harry the Perv. ****ing Shero. When is Zach Sill coming back?

Last edited:

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
ZtQ59Qn.jpg

I knew this was going to happen at some point, but that doesn't make it any less cringe worthy. Connor will be back any day, too. Wonder how many games BB will see now, let alone Megna.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
For real? we are using THIS guy for the playoffs? our depth was bad enough, this made it even worse. Adams, Glass, Kobasew. ENJOY COLUMBUS!!!!

Fire Shero*

Our lives would be far less stressful and our team would be so much better without these 2 idiots ruining this team.

Wake up pens fans, we arguably have the worst GM/coach combo in the league behind Edmonton.

So much about this franchise needs to be changed, but it needs to start with FINALLY getting rid of these 2 incompetent fools.

Last edited by a moderator:

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I don't really care about this move.
The bottom 6 is so terribly bad, they'll just have all guns on deck to try and see if something works.

Some people are forgetting just how terrible Kobasew was though. I will say that he was coming off injury though and maybe he's fully healed now.

I'd play Harry Z over any of these guys though. (Glass/Pyatt/Kobasew and maybe even over Gibbons if he's a non-factor in 1 or 2 playoff games)

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Connor will be back any day, too. Wonder how many games BB will see now, let alone Megna.

Kobasew, Conner in BB, Megna out. Find a way to keep Vitale out aswell.

I don't really care about this move.
The bottom 6 is so terribly bad, they'll just have all guns on deck to try and see if something works.

Some people are forgetting just how terrible Kobasew was though. I will say that he was coming off injury though and maybe he's fully healed now.

I'd play Harry Z over any of these guys though. (Glass/Pyatt/Kobasew and maybe even over Gibbons if he's a non-factor in 1 or 2 playoff games)

Atleast Gibbons has speed, he will draw us a few penaltys.

Sluggermatt15

Mar 30, 2014
Nation's Capital
IMO if Bylsma is going to play Kobasew, he has to be one of the bottom six that steps up his game. 10 goals in his past 11 minor league games is a good sign. Good for his confidence, too. Hope it can translate to the NHL level.

CaptainMckenna*

The do everything possible to try and make me hate this team I won't give in but jesus this is getting hard

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Kobasew isn't eligible to play for the Baby Pens in the playoffs, so I don't know what anyone was expecting here.

That doesn't get anyone off the hook. Kobasew should have been waived and sent down in time TO BE ELIGIBLE for the AHL playoffs. Or, you know, sent to the W-B/S press box. Who gives a crap.

Meanwhile, Payerl has the size we could use on our fourth line. I mean, unless we use Engelland as a winger in Round 1, which I doubt we will. Sill has "perfect fourth line center for this team" written all over him. Even PL3 can help us more than Kobasew can.

The fact he wears No. 12 just adds more insult to injury.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Really? How come? Never knew this..

Any player that isn't on the roster before the trade deadline isn't eligible. I believe that's what it is anyway. I know there's a deadline at the very least if it's not the trade deadline. Pretty standard operating procedure that's been in place forever. That's so teams that eventually are eliminated from the playoffs can't just send all their players down to load up the minor league team with a bunch of ringers.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
As long as he pushes one of the 3 stooges out of the line-up, I am fine with it. I still don't understand why he got waived and not Adams. But hey, I am logical.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Any player that isn't on the roster before the trade deadline isn't eligible. I believe that's what it is anyway. I know there's a deadline at the very least if it's not the trade deadline. Pretty standard operating procedure that's been in place forever. That's so teams that eventually are eliminated from the playoffs can't just send all their players down to load up the minor league team with a bunch of ringers.

I think it's a dumb rule. If the player is still AHL eligible, why not be able to continue playing in the AHL playoffs? And even if he isn't AHL eligible, why not be able to waive a guy and have them play in the AHL playoffs? Having more talent in the AHL helps the development of prospects.

There's too much emphasis on winning in lower leagues, imo. It's about development first and foremost.

Dragon Priest

Elvenlegions
Nov 8, 2007
Metalheaven
As long as he pushes one of the 3 stooges out of the line-up, I am fine with it. I still don't understand why he got waived and not Adams. But hey, I am logical.

But that Iron Man streak......

In all seriousness, with the Pens resting players, shouldn't Adams actually be a guy to get a game or two off? He's one of the older guys and giving him a game off due to his "rough style of game" would keep him rested for the playoffs.

But like I said, the iron man streak...

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Some of you are being serious drama queens.

:laugh:

Someone finally said it, there is NOTHING wrong with this, he's depth, If people seriously think he will be in the lineup, think about these 2 things first.

1. Why did Ray Shero put him on waivers? When a GM does that to a player like Kobasew, they generally don't care if they lose him on waivers.

2. Why did Ray Shero go out and acquire Lee Stempniak, and have Gibbons and Megna on the roster over Chuck Kobasew?

I'm not 100% on this, but I don't think Kobasew will play unless he needs to (example, numerous winger injuries)

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I had no idea about his numbers in WBS, 10 goals and 1 assist? My god, he's like the Jeff Carter of the AHL.

I used to like Kobasew when he was a Flame and Bruin, not sure what the hell happened to him after. But he's been a fraction of his former self with the Pens.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
:laugh:

Someone finally said it, there is NOTHING wrong with this, he's depth, If people seriously think he will be in the lineup, think about these 2 things first.

1. Why did Ray Shero put him on waivers? When a GM does that to a player like Kobasew, they generally don't care if they lose him on waivers.

2. Why did Ray Shero go out and acquire Lee Stempniak, and have Gibbons and Megna on the roster over Chuck Kobasew?

I'm not 100% on this, but I don't think Kobasew will play unless he needs to (example, numerous winger injuries)

Didn't Shero himself say that after his injury, Kobasew wasn't the same player, which probably made him value him less and do what you just stated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad