Celebrity Death: Christopher Plummer

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Great actor, amazing even in his late 80s, came in to replace Kevin Spacey and filmed a whole role for the movie no time and was a finalist for an Oscar if I recall.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I got to see him at Stratford in The Tempest a number of years ago.

He seems like he was working harder in his 80s than most people work in their primes.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Well shit.

Saw him last in Knives Out and he was great.
Same, one of them movies I liked enough that when my parents wanted me to go with them to see it I went even though I had already seen it. Damn, saying that makes me realize I think that was the last movie I saw in theaters before this crazy year.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Saw him three times on stage. When he was in the mood, he may have been the greatest Canadian actor in history.

His memoir, In Spite of Myself is a fun read.

Reactions: NyQuil

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Remember him as giving nice subtle performances. The movie he may be most known for, apparently he didn't want to discuss (that one with Julie Andrews). The first movie of his that came to mind for me was The Last Station, have to watch it again.

Sorry to hear.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
He was great as General Chang

upload_2021-2-5_15-24-32.jpeg

R.I.P.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
He was great as General Chang

View attachment 393030

R.I.P.

I've always wondered why he took the role, since sci-fi and playing a villain weren't exactly his forte. I didn't realize until today that he worked at a Montreal theater company with William Shatner early in their careers. I imagine that that played a big part in him accepting.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Never knew he was Canadian either.

Just watched The Man Who Would be King for the first time a few weeks ago. He doesn't have as large a part as Caine or Connery, but he was still played his part really well.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
I got to see him at Stratford in The Tempest a number of years ago.

He seems like he was working harder in his 80s than most people work in their primes.

My parents were at the Stratford Festival for a play & he was there with his family & so was David Hasselhoff & his family.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
One of the greatest of all time. He made every movie he was in better. He was in this Al Pacino movie a couple of years ago called Danny Collins. Plummer was fantastic in it. He stile every scene he was in.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Like a fine wine I thought he got better with age. Loved The Sound of Music though the one time I saw it.

My biggest memory of him was from The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. A film I really liked and I liked him in it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad