Confirmed with Link: Christopher Boucher hired as director of hockey analytics

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Setting up a new analytics department, that makes more sense than allowing a clown GM to operate on hunches.
Each and every day as we move forward, we get more info that verifies our previous GM was running a one man Gong Show.

Good on HuGo for surrounding themselves with smart people.
He was the GM and his own boss. A stupid set up. His choices needed approval by one person...himself.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Good news. That's what no stone unturned should really be about. And I'm not a Analytics 1st type of guy....but you still need it.

DenverHabsFan

Sep 9, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
Geez, just clicked and thought we hired Seth Rogen.

440px-Seth_Rogen_by_Gage_Skidmore_2.jpg

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
He was with SJ so I would assume any data relevant to the 2022 draft is under a NDA.

Although he was more on the pro scouting side of things so who knows.
Yes and no.
Stats are stats, he cannot reconstruct as he wish?

Reading the tea leaves, I doubt Madden Jr. Moves laterally outside of Anaheim. I think Doré is the guy coming
We can only wish... maybe scouting closer to home (and a salary increase) could convince him...

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Simba: Dad, what's Hockey Analytics?

Mufasa: As Habs fans, that's something new, Son

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Yes and no.
Stats are stats, he cannot reconstruct as he wish?

We can only wish... maybe scouting closer to home (and a salary increase) could convince him...

He actually lives in Quebec city but doesn’t like the media spotlight.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Back when HF used to have prospect grading for each team, I think Boucher was the one doing it for habs prospects.

If it's the same guy, then I took over for him back in 2003. He was gone by the time the HF mag came out, as I was the only one covering the Habs for when the 2003 draft guide came out as I had us picking Kostitsyn or Getzlaf (had to submit 2 choices for the pick)

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
You're not really on the spotlight when your AGM/Director of Scouting except for 1 week during the year.

As long as the owner Geoff doesn’t secretly read HF and asks them to pick Slaf after seeing the Wright threads 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Vachon23

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I doubt he makes much difference in the grand scheme of things, but I like the idea that the Habs are looking to gain an edge if there is one to be found. I think analytics are still generally quite poor for hockey, but I like the idea.

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
Since they won't even give me an interview, I hope they know what a Performance plan / model is, and how useful it can be to not only direct your analytics, but also development, scouting and coaching. It's not stats-first modeling, but performance modeling supported by stats and expert human assessment. The numbers come second, not the other way around. Small nuance on the surface, but huge implications for real-world Performance and Development.

Reactions: bopeep

glxss

Mar 4, 2013
Much needed hire although I always find it funny how many analytical darlings the Berg-era produced at the end despite never having a specific department for it. Oh and Julien put together one the most consistent and effective ES lines in the modern era without the help of it too. Funny stuff.

Hopefully it’s not just a cosmetic hire and they actually utilize him and his department. It doesn’t seem like SJS did.

Here’s a thread of him posting updates on HFHabs

Reactions: Archijerej

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
Spend as much money on the best hockey advisers, trainers, analysts, scouts as humanly possible. It’s a great way for a big market team to flex its financial muscles.

Reactions: c3z4r

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad