Christmas Summary

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
So, how was everyone's holiday?

Nobody felt like cooking, so we went to a Holiday Inn buffet dinner. It felt like an old folks home. The food was crap. It was $40 per person (Ouch).

Got myself the Flames 3rd from last year, and ironically, a St.Louis Blues Backes jersey. The Dad said there is one more on it's way, wouldn't tell me what.

How about you?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Had great plans for Christmas: at my parents' for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, including a 5-course goose dinner and lots of alcohol, then on to my girlfriend's for Boxing Day, celebrating with her family a day late.

Unfortunately, I got the flu overnight before Christmas Eve, and I've been a vegetable up until this morning. And while I'm getting better, my girlfriend has come down with similar symptoms the very morning we're supposed to be going to her mum's house for belated Christmas.

stlflamesfan

Nov 23, 2010
It was great for me! I received a blank Flames jersey, which will have Monahan on the back later. I also received a Flames glass, shirt, and license plate frame.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Had great plans for Christmas: at my parents' for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, including a 5-course goose dinner and lots of alcohol, then on to my girlfriend's for Boxing Day, celebrating with her family a day late.

Unfortunately, I got the flu overnight before Christmas Eve, and I've been a vegetable up until this morning. And while I'm getting better, my girlfriend has come down with similar symptoms the very morning we're supposed to be going to her mum's house for belated Christmas.

Yup there is some horrible stuff going around this city because I was hit with pneumonia-like symptoms on the 24th and have basically just been a wreck yesterday and today. Also didn't sleep a wink last night so that doesn't help.

Christmas itself has been good. Spent the day with my dad on the 25th and spending today with my mom. Gf is out of town until Friday but at least then she won't get sick from me lol.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011

It's going around, buddy. I've been sick all Christmas with the flu, too. Get better!

As for my Christmas, Lots of food with the family and a Monahan home jersey! Heading to Flames Central on the 27th for the Battle of Alberta!

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Went to my grandparents, homemade BBQ duck and BBQ pork, like nothing you will get in restaurants.

Got prime rib lined up tonight :)

St Wardo

Registered Prophet
Oct 16, 2013
New Brunswick
I lost power for 5 days due to a passing ice storm, but am back in business now. Had barbecued hot dogs for christmas dinner :laugh:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Went to my grandparents, homemade BBQ duck and BBQ pork, like nothing you will get in restaurants.

Got prime rib lined up tonight :)

Duck is a delicacy in Chinese culture I believe, is that right and do you normally have that each year?

We spent Xmas Eve at my fiances sisters and then yesterday I had my entire family over for Xmas day. It was our first Xmas with our little girl and it was definitely the best one I've had yet. I've had turkey dinners 2 days in a row now and as much alcohol as I could get down haha. I was at the gym today trying to undo all the weight gain over the last 2 days.

Merry Xmas to all you and your families!!

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
My Christmas's are usually pretty low key. Dinner with the family and that's pretty much it, but I'm a pretty mellow guy and I enjoy the time off work. This year especially, since it's been so busy the last 4 months and will keep getting busy well into the spring.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Made the trip to my mothers on Xmas eve for turkey dinner and gifts, came home that night and went to the father in laws for another turkey dinner and gifts, had a little Xmas morning with the gf at home than went to my dads for (you guessed it) turkey dinner and gifts, than the mother in laws for ham dinner and gifts. Pretty hectic but it was a good one, always nice to see all the fam.

Santa killed it this year also, got the crossbow I've been wanting from the gf and a guitar from my old man, I thought I was getting nothing from him this year, at least not much but he got down right giddy when I told him I wanted to get into learning and playing guitar so he went all out. And than just some odds and ends and a ton of moose jerkey from my mother. Fantastic Christmas all around, back to work tomorrow :(, hope everyone had a good one

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Made the trip to my mothers on Xmas eve for turkey dinner and gifts, came home that night and went to the father in laws for another turkey dinner and gifts, had a little Xmas morning with the gf at home than went to my dads for (you guessed it) turkey dinner and gifts, than the mother in laws for ham dinner and gifts. Pretty hectic but it was a good one, always nice to see all the fam.

Santa killed it this year also, got the crossbow I've been wanting from the gf and a guitar from my old man, I thought I was getting nothing from him this year, at least not much but he got down right giddy when I told him I wanted to get into learning and playing guitar so he went all out. And than just some odds and ends and a ton of moose jerkey from my mother. Fantastic Christmas all around, back to work tomorrow :(, hope everyone had a good one

I'm interested in how one acquires a father-in-law and a girlfriend at the same time. Well, I suppose I can see it happening, but not with the father-in-law still inviting you round for Christmas dinner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad