Recalled/Assigned: Christian Wolanin Recalled ( Dermott on IR)

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
I wonder if this will transition him being out for the season. I feel like it might be proactive to make sure he is ready for next season at this point. Dermott has certainly had a tough go as a Canuck.

Reactions: ziploc

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I wonder if this will transition him being out for the season. I feel like it might be proactive to make sure he is ready for next season at this point. Dermott has certainly had a tough go as a Canuck.

Dermott is pretty much guaranteed to not be qualified. There’s a chance they try and bring him back on a league minimum or two-way contract, though.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Well deserved.

Like I said after the last Abbotsford game, his performance in the AHL this year has been so extreme that the team has to give him a shot to see what they have.

That said, his defensive fundamentals are ... not great, and I wonder how well he'll fit into what Tocchet is trying to do right now. He's tilting the ice in the AHL by playing like a Dollar Store Brent Burns but his attention to detail defensively is not great even at a lower level.

What a crazy year at age 27 for a guy who had never really shown this sort of potential, ever.

Reactions: Vector

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
In 2018/19 i though Wolanin was gonna be a top4 for Ottawa and so did they

3 yrs of tragic injuries and a inability to build his place on a NHL roster and here he is.

Hope he can have a renaissance was intrigued by the signing. Glad to see him do so well

Reactions: Gurn

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Dermott is pretty much guaranteed to not be qualified. There’s a chance they try and bring him back on a league minimum or two-way contract, though.
Even when healthy, this player has never stood out in any way..Was there anything redeemable that he did?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Sad for Dermott.....looks like he might be in danger of following Ferland into concussion purgatory.

But from a tank standpoint, this season is rapidly circling the toilet bowl at the right time. Pearson and Dermott on LTIR, and how long before OEL joins them? He's apparently gone for weeks, while Demko and Lazar are big question marks.

It means that the Canucks could have a ton of LTIR cap space entering the trade deadline period. So maybe they'd be in position to eat a bad contract if it meant more picks/prospects come back?

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
Hoping he stays up for the rest of the year. This is a player we could loose on waivers given his production in the AHL.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
He was excellent I thought.

Made a great play stepping up in the neutral zone to create a turnover/rush that led to the 1-0 goal. Moved the puck well, made few mistakes, seemed to work well with Schenn. Finished +3.

Definitely earned a longer stay in the lineup.
Thank you. Very interesting. It'd really be something if the Canucks have found something here—a guy, once highly rated, whose career got derailed by injury. I'm fascinated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad