Traded Christian Wolanin (D)

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
I don’t really see how you can equate the two. One just makes endless lame jokes about fans and the team, while the other ones are critiquing the player based on their training and play.

Some would argue the critiques by Brown, and most primarily Garrioch, are baseless and have no footing in reality, and, such as Garrioch's article he released when we reacquired Dzingel, are just bitter, snarky comments meant to insult the player.

Like-minded folks find it enjoyable, the rest of us see trash.

Reactions: lancepitlick

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Some would argue the critiques by Brown, and most primarily Garrioch, are baseless and have no footing in reality, and, such as Garrioch's article he released when we reacquired Dzingel, are just bitter, snarky comments meant to insult the player.

Like-minded folks find it enjoyable, the rest of us see trash.

Lol

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Well I was HOPING that you'd realize that your argument is equally applicable to your own position, but alas.

I typically like what you post and find it insightful, but you are pretty much gatekeeping what you consider "acceptable" bitching.

I don’t think BG is bitching, but I understand that some people in here absolutely hate him and reduce everything the guy says to rubbish. I mean I see him at games and read articles and while it’s not great writing I don’t see why people freak out. Like it or lump it this guy actually talks to the players and to people on and around the team.

The guys often quoted from Twitter do little more than harp endlessly on the team, management, coaching, and fans who aren’t in the same boat as them. Low hanging fruit jokes and endless cynicism.

It gets tiring. No they aren’t reporting news, they’re taking a dump on the team for laughs, kicking their own team while it’s down, etc...

Sure I should be more accepting, but you can only wade through so much shit on a team fan page before a gaskets blows a bit.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Garrioch's writing is not great but you gotta admit the guy's life turned out pretty good

He gets a job with a local start up newspaper writing about local sports, the local team gets an NHL franchise, and he's had a 30 year run with a seat at the table covering the NHL

I'm sure there's a shit ton of guys out there thinking that they could do that job better than him. Maybe they could but they are not the guys that got the job writing about the high school volleyball tournament back in 1989.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Hard to imagine someone that has watched Wolanin consistently thinks he will be barely more than Wideman. He shows elite skill and creativity all the time. Not every player develops at the same rate many breakout at his age. Some posters simply believe if they dont dominate at 21 years old they wont turn out for some reason.

Not really that hard to imagine. Looks like it’s playing out exactly that way.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Not really that hard to imagine. Looks like it’s playing out exactly that way.

Played 3 games in LA. healthy scrated the rest of them.

Meanwhile Cassidy said this about Reilly

Boston coach Bruce Cassidy has been pleased with the impact Reilly has made.
“First and foremost, he’s made a good offensive impact for us, because we were struggling to get our shots through and making decisions up there,” Cassidy said Wednesday. “He came in and changed some of that. He made some really good plays up high and some really good give-and-go plays down low to forwards in front of the net.

“He did it three times in the first five or six games he played. The guys gave him a puck or lot and were able to get it back in those situations.”
Reilly has played mostly with Brandon Carlo and they’ve had a good partnership. Reilly was plus-seven in 15 regular-season games with the Bruins and he suited up for 40 games with the Senators before being moved.
“He certainly added secondary offence when he got here and Carlo was hurt when (Reilly) arrived so we experimented with partners because we had a lot of guys injured,” said Cassidy. “He got a chance to come in and play a lot. That helps a player to be able to play to his strengths and move pucks.
“He’s balanced our group very well with his ability to move pucks and he’s able to stretch teams out. He’s played with both Carlo and (Kevan) Miller, who are both more defensive guys, so they’ve been able to complement each other. He’s done a good job keeping the puck out of the net and he’s been a plus player for us.”

Reactions: Cosmix and Sweatred

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad