Confirmed with Link: Christian Fischer signs 1X1.125

Macoun

Feb 8, 2009
Better skating version of Sundqvist. I like the deal. Perfect 3-4th line type player.

Now we just need a legit scorer on the top lines. We have tons of 3-4th line players

Reactions: Sentinel and NickH8

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Yzerman's gonna be popular at the deadline

You get a 4th liner! ... you get a 4th liner! You all get 4th linersssss
If we build like Seattle and we have big improvement from Zadina, Veleno and Raymond, we might be in playoffs

Reactions: K1900L

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
If we build like Seattle and we have big improvement from Zadina, Veleno and Raymond, we might be in playoffs
Lmao love your optimism but we have zero chance at the playoffs and will be a lottery team again

Your banking on those 3 and I'm not even confident were keeping zadina as well as copp and compher 2 almost 30 yr olds with 1 50 pt season under them and bottom 6 players to perform

This team is stocked with bottom 6 guys. We'll be lucky to have 2 30 goal guys in larkin and raymond. We'll be fighting for 2nd last spot in our division again with the habs

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Lotsa 1 year wonders. I don't care as long as we get picks. I'm down

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Could expect some improvement from Raymond, but not from those other two.

Fischer is fine addition. PK winger which we did need.

If he busts, term is shortest possible and caphit can be waived 100% off the cap. It's just under that AHL burying limit.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Could expect some improvement from Raymond, but not from those other two.

Fischer is fine addition. PK winger which we did need.

If he busts, term is shortest possible and caphit can be waived 100% off the cap. It's just under that AHL burying limit.
It's depends on what they doing off-season, how they prepare, for next season.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
They should be lucky they still have a team (as of now)... I'll take about 30 points for 1M
Lucky? The Penguins were closer to leaving Pittsburgh than the Coyotes have ever been to leaving metro Phoenix. Even today. Owners want to stay here. Still time to work out an arena deal. Oddly enough the Tempe effort lost because one camp wrongly believed the arena was to be publicly funded while another camp wanted the land to be used for free housing. Tempe is going to foot the bill remediating that land with or without the Coyotes. Ah, well. Other locations in the works.

As for Fischer he is a solid player. Good for roster depth. Said to be a popular guy in the locker room. Good signing.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I am cool with it. Since we are too good to tank, I will take improvement wherever we can get it.

Reactions: Henkka

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Still holding out for Zadina and veleno to be packaged together and traded. Zadina doesn’t fit anymore and I’d prefer kasper get started in the nhl. Idc about the ice time if he is on the 4th line. I want to see him in nhl pace.

What I do know for sure, this years pre season is going to be A LOT of competition. And I love that

Reactions: lilidk

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Seattle can score. This team? Not so much.
Seattle also had huge improvements from players that were not expected to score or be as good as they were in their first season (beniers). Sprong and mainly McCann we’re not expected to do what they did, especially McCann.

I just hope raymond makes that leap like we want (at age 21 btw), Larkin stays healthy, kubalik is used the correct way we need, and compher plays like a shut down 3C. Would love some “teens” goals from kostin, Perron, and Sprong.

It’s not a big ask but if we can get raymond to ~25-28, Larkin to 30, Perron hit ~18, kubalik hit ~25, Sprong compher and Rasmussen to put in around 15 each, then we will be better in scoring than last year. And that’s not including defense where walman and ghost can put some goals in the net.

Fischer, kostin, holl, and Perron are all supposed to be great locker room guys. That can only bring the team more together and actually play together like the late 90s wings where ego and personal stats didn’t matter, it was about the guys on both of your shoulders next to you.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Seattle also had huge improvements from players that were not expected to score or be as good as they were in their first season (beniers). Sprong and mainly McCann we’re not expected to do what they did, especially McCann.

I just hope raymond makes that leap like we want (at age 21 btw), Larkin stays healthy, kubalik is used the correct way we need, and compher plays like a shut down 3C. Would love some “teens” goals from kostin, Perron, and Sprong.

It’s not a big ask but if we can get raymond to ~25-28, Larkin to 30, Perron hit ~18, kubalik hit ~25, Sprong compher and Rasmussen to put in around 15 each, then we will be better in scoring than last year. And that’s not including defense where walman and ghost can put some goals in the net.

Fischer, kostin, holl, and Perron are all supposed to be great locker room guys. That can only bring the team more together and actually play together like the late 90s wings where ego and personal stats didn’t matter, it was about the guys on both of your shoulders next to you.

I would hope the Wings score more than last season but Seattle had 289 goals vs 240 for the Wings. Even your optimistic projections don't come close. On the other side of the ice, the Wings allowed 279 goals while Seattle allowed 256. So without defensive improvement, the Wings would still have a negative differential, and that usually means sub .500%.

The key to winning this coming season is getting Chiarot's head out of his ass and making sure Stoll doesn't put his head there. Teams that can't score have to play great defense. If the GF is only going to move up a trickle then they need to reduce the GA.

I think Chiarot plays well for a few games then turns to crap like last season. Same with SToll.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Jonatan Berggren is our Lord and Savior,
May 11, 2023
You know it's bad when Arizona fans are making fun of the deal.

Yep. I’m sure all 1,000 of them are just having a real rip snorter

I would hope the Wings score more than last season but Seattle had 289 goals vs 240 for the Wings. Even your optimistic projections don't come close. On the other side of the ice, the Wings allowed 279 goals while Seattle allowed 256. So without defensive improvement, the Wings would still have a negative differential, and that usually means sub .500%.

The key to winning this coming season is getting Chiarot's head out of his ass and making sure Stoll doesn't put his head there. Teams that can't score have to play great defense. If the GF is only going to move up a trickle then they need to reduce the GA.

I think Chiarot plays well for a few games then turns to crap like last season. Same with SToll.

Did we add Jarrett Stoll? Man, isn’t he in his 50s?

Redwing66

Oct 3, 2020
Very clear this is another bridge year - hope the lottery smiles upon us at some point. This is a bottom 5 team.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
The caphit for "free waivering" at NHL is 1.150M for next season.

Everything under that is kind of risk-free contract. If the player will fail, you can waive him, without any cap penalties.

This Fischer contract goes just under it.

I don't predict him to fail, but just for the regular info.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad