Proposal: Chris Tierney to NYI

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
This is the guy I want the Isles to focus on. RFA after the season, Good size. I see him as a bigger Cizikas and the thought of two of those in our Bottom 6 centers makes my mouth water. About 0.5 PPG and a 55% faceoff mark. Just seems the perfect fit for the Isles.

I'll start with a 2nd and add 2 prospects for Ottawa. If Ottawa also wants one of our goalie prospects not named Sorokin I'll go there too.

Ottawa fans - pick from among Bellows, MDC, Wotherspoon, Vande Sompel, Skarek and Soderstrom. Any 2.

We should be able to re-sign Tierney for a nice number and our bottom 6 center issue goes away for awhile. I've been a believer that Cizikas should be considered a 3C anyhow.

TheKingSlayer

He was in the way!
Mar 12, 2008
Ottawa
I’d only expect a second round pick for Tierney. So anything more is just a bonus.

You don't trade an NHL center who is an RFA for only a 2nd round pick. Come on.

I doubt he gets traded anyways. Sens cannot afford to trade players under team control right now.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I doubt he gets traded anyways. Sens cannot afford to trade players under team control right now.

There's a decent chance he gets traded I think.

Not much of a scorer, but a good playmaker who has good on-ice IQ and can play in a forechecking system.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
There's a decent chance he gets traded I think.

Not much of a scorer, but a good playmaker who has good on-ice IQ and can play in a forechecking system.

Sounds like the protoytpical bottom 6 Barry Trotz player . . .

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I'd trade him for a 2nd rounder in a heartbeat. He's very avg. He will have a good game here or there but overall he's a 3rd line center IMO.

Reactions: robsenz

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I'd trade him for a 2nd rounder in a heartbeat. He's very avg. He will have a good game here or there but overall he's a 3rd line center IMO.

With Barzal, Nelson, and Cizikas entrenched as the top centers... a legitimate #3C is exactly what the Isles need. He'd essentially be the #4C so he'd be an upgrade over anyone the Isles have in house.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Tierney is a fine player, but with expansion looming I suspect a 2nd and a decent prospect would get it done. 2nd + Bellows + Wotherspoon/Vande Sompel would be a very nice return.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I've seen both play. I'd take Smokes over him.
Me too. But he was just as average when you watched them play. Responsible defensively but not a beast.

Tierney is probably Smolinski minus 5-10 points a year.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
In no world is Chris Tierney a bigger Cizikas. If that's your expectation you're going to be fairly disappointed, imo.

That being said, I'd definitely be open to a 2nd and a prospect for CT, as I think he eventually gets pushed out of the lineup (wether that's through re-signing Pageau or one of Chlapik/Norris working their way into the lineup). A 2nd + Wortherspoon/Vande Sompel is probably more than enough.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
In no world is Chris Tierney a bigger Cizikas. If that's your expectation you're going to be fairly disappointed, imo.

That being said, I'd definitely be open to a 2nd and a prospect for CT, as I think he eventually gets pushed out of the lineup (wether that's through re-signing Pageau or one of Chlapik/Norris working their way into the lineup). A 2nd + Wortherspoon/Vande Sompel is probably more than enough.

SIZE WISE

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
SIZE WISE

Tierney is bigger than Cizikas, but "bigger Cizikas" kind of implies he can play a similar role and/or style, no? Might as well call him a bigger Marty St-Louis if you're going to completely ignore play style.

Either way, I don't think it takes as much as you think it will, but if the Isles can use a "jack of all trades, master of none" type at 3C he could certainly be a fit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad