Confirmed with Link: Chris Terry re-signed (1 year)

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
And people said Bergevin didn't have a plan for the top six :sarcasm:

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
So, why the one way contract?

Gives us more protection to send him down without having to worry about other teams picking him up.

Franchises with more money can afford to pay guys like Terry a full salary in the AHL as opposed to teams with cheap owners like Ottawa where there is minimal chance he'd pay extra to keep a guy around to help the farm team.

Astormynight

Apr 19, 2015
lol are you really saying that living in St John's is somehow better than living right outside of Montreal?

Well.. since I know a whole lot of ppl who will never live in Montreal or Laval.. I'll guess for some St-John is better than Laval yes.. but it's a matter of taste really...

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
He's arguably the best forward in the AHL so imo this extension is a very good idea. I'm sure our forward prospects can learn a lot from him and he can help them improve themselves. It's much easier to perform when you know you have someone on your line that can actually produce offense.

gmurphy

Sep 10, 2010
lol are you really saying that living in St John's is somehow better than living right outside of Montreal?

For some people it is. But that's not what I was saying.

You said anything is better than St. John's.

Consider the fact that people might converse with you based upon the things that you have actually said.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I actually liked him on the 4th line during his call-up.

I don't think he's any worse than Flynn. Might be better, actually. Worst case scenario, he gets claimed. Otherwise, solid signing for Laval.

Yup me too! Was very good for a while on that line with McCarron and... some other rookie? Carr I believe? MT had to break it, of course.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Gives us more protection to send him down without having to worry about other teams picking him up.

Franchises with more money can afford to pay guys like Terry a full salary in the AHL as opposed to teams with cheap owners like Ottawa where there is minimal chance he'd pay extra to keep a guy around to help the farm team.

Had not thought about this. This does seem to make sense.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Best fwd in the AHL, two best fwd prospects working well with him, no-brainer.

Edit: lol 1 way deal...ok

Last edited:

All-Star

Jul 14, 2003
Snake Mountain
Visit site
For some people it is. But that's not what I was saying.

You said anything is better than St. John's.

Consider the fact that people might converse with you based upon the things that you have actually said.
Considering how far out of the way St John's is compared to most of the other AHL cities, I'd say my point is valid as stated. Especially for newly rich twenty-somethings like Chris Terry.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario

I would much prefer living in St. John's than living in Laval.

St. John's is a fantastic city. Absolutely gorgeous, great food, great people, incredible culture.

The best thing you can say about Laval is that it is close to Montreal.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
I don't think so.

We have Byron, Plekanec, Mitchell that meet the requirement. (signed through 2017-18)

Byron will likely be protected. 15 goals for $1 million. A guy who can play in the top 9, kill penalties and give a little offence for dirt cheap. Thats hard to replace at the same price.

he makes 300K in the AHL this year (600K NHL) but if they wanted to keep him then I can see why they had to pay up as they will sorely need him. Great shot and he will be the first scoring vet that played under Lefebvre and returned the next season.

Maybe Lefebvre will be the one who won't return.

We can hope.

Last edited by a moderator:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Is the one-way contract due to the expansion draft requirements?

Sheer desperation to have a good player on the farm club, and sell tickets in their new building.

He's a good guy to have as a 14th forward but he's more of an afterthought at the NHL level. And he's Muller's Darche.

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Good. Make him the highest paid player in the AHL for all I care. Scherbak's gonna need people to play with who are better than freaking Audette.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad