Chris Taylor named Amerks head coach

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Considering he was a player/assistant to end his playing career, is it really any wonder that he gets his first break as a head coach with the team he was so much a part of for so many years?

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Considering he was a player/assistant to end his playing career, is it really any wonder that he gets his first break as a head coach with the team he was so much a part of for so many years?

And worked with Botts in Wilkes Barre.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Getting him onboard now also will help Sexton working on his AHL acquisitions starting tomorrow. Just like in the NHL, the best guys go early so I would expect the two of them to already be working on who they want to fill in key spots on the roster.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Not a splashy or exciting hire, but I still like it. As an assistant, his teams were never good here. But that wasn't a result of him. I like that he understands the organization and its history. He wants to win, not just develop.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
I'm mildly happy with this. I always liked Taylor as a player, but his coaching career here fell during some dark times with Rolston and Cassidy. I hope going outside the organization for a year and spending time with a winning organization reinvigorated him and taught him some new things. Having Sexton hands-on all year should certainly be a boon for Taylor and the team.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Former Sabre as coach, former Sabre as GM, former Sabre as Amerks coach.....and none of them are Bob Boughner....sad.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Botts found Sullivan, so I'd say he's earned some trust.
Eh, not really. Tom Fitzgerald identified Sullivan since they go back a long way, he and Botterill together interviewed him and another unknown candidate, Botterill then took it to Jim Rutherford who gave his endorsement to Sullivan.

krt88

Jun 19, 2002
Fayetteville, NC
cybionscape.com
http://www.pickinsplinters.com/2017/06/30/taylor-hired-as-amerks-coach/

Kevin O article on this. Good to see him writing about the Amerks still.

Man modern writing just sucks. Almost every paragraph was a single sentence. Miss the old days when sports writers create strong journalistic pieces. Today it just fast get the news out, keep everything simple, no depth, no use of language.

Yes I enjoyed the simple piece, must have been difficult being away from the family all year but I'd like to see something more in depth than that. And no, I'm not trying to claim that I produce literary masterpieces but the modern clause writing style is terrible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad