Confirmed with Link: CHRIS TANEV TO DALLAS

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Faksa is tied in points with Hakanpää . If you are a forward and you don't have more points than big Jani and make more than double his salary thats a massive issue. Under Bones Faksa had a huge ( way too big ) role but now he just doesn't anymore after Bones was let go.

Reactions: piqued

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Faksa is tied in points with Hakanpää . If you are a forward and you don't have more points than big Jani and make more than double his salary thats a massive issue. Under Bones Faksa had a huge ( way too big ) role but now he just doesn't anymore after Bones was let go.
dont insult jani hockej - he is elite

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
I'm starting the deep dive on UMass as we speak... where I'm learning that Cole Brady is very much the backup... in his senior season. Devils wanted that reserve list slot. :laugh:

In Brady's defense, the goalie he is backing is one of the top pro prospects in college hockey; much like when Semptimphelter was at Northeastern with Devon Levi. With the number of goalies added by the Devils since Brady was drafted, it's not likely there was a reason to keep him in the pipeline.

That he is back to playing given his injury history is a plus. Though he is likely still a longshot at best.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
And overnight, Grushnikov became a top defense prospect.

This website is so f***in stupid sometimes

Just like when Martin St. Louis was going to turn Gurianov back into a top 6, 25 goal scorer.

I don't think Grushnikov makes the NHL full-time, maybe a callup or two. Outside chance on being a 5-6 for a few years.

Reactions: redbeardtx

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
I love the Canadian media pumping Grushnikov's tires. "He's mean, he's nasty, hardest worker on the ice. Will be a solid bottom 4 stay at D in the league. Chris Tanev Lite". etc etc.

I get they need something to be excited about but jeeez.

Reactions: redbeardtx

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
You know, if the Flame do trade away all of their guys approaching free agency this season and next, Grushnikov's path to the NHL opens up. Going to a team in decline helps.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
You know, if the Flame do trade away all of their guys approaching free agency this season and next, Grushnikov's path to the NHL opens up. Going to a team in decline helps.
This is why I think dellandrea can still be an effective nhler, just probably not here.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

There is no world where putting Grushnikov in the NHL anytime soon ends up well. The guy needs at least 2 more AHL seasons after this one. Dude is way too green .

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
There is no world where putting Grushnikov in the NHL anytime soon ends up well. The guy needs at least 2 more AHL seasons after this one. Dude is way too green .

He's no longer green silly, he's red now!

I like what Calgary is doing. Perfect time to sell off, this draft may not be the deepest, but they can definitely set themselves up with some good drafting and developing.

But, yes hopefully they don't rush Grush

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Canadian players get traded from Canadian teams to American teams quite regularly.. how in the world is it taking this long to get Tanev's work visa processed? I can't recall an instance like this taking this long ever before.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Canadian players get traded from Canadian teams to American teams quite regularly.. how in the world is it taking this long to get Tanev's work visa processed? I can't recall an instance like this taking this long ever before.

Kris Russel was done in under 24 hrs. This one is taking 5+ days. Insane.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Probably because Russell played in the US previously?

Tanev played on a US AHL team before but thats been like 12 years ago and not sure how that counts exactly since he was still on an NHL contract with a Canadian team

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Don't play that Suter-Jani pairing ever again please. It makes no sense

Reactions: Elysian

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
On one hand, I like PBD's style of not messing with good things like line combos until absolutely clear, i.e., demoting Pavs and moving Johnston up. So, I understand the Miro-Harley tandem staying intact. On the other hand, with decent enough talent on D now, maybe splitting them up so we have two balanced puck mover/defender pairs, it would have one of our two top D on each pair, plus if Lindell could pair with one and Tanev the other, that would be the complete use of our top D men, relegating whoever is on the third pair (Nils-Suter) to limited minutes. I agree with whoever said that Tanev is a 1-1 swap with Jani, but better, so he seems like the one to come out of the lineup on a regular basis.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00