Player Discussion Chris Tanev (4 years, 4.5m AAV)

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Like the player, but the fact he’s a f***ing bandaid doesn’t sit great

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
He brings some leadership here but I'm still in a Brodie mourning period. Might come around on this in January

Reactions: FlamerForLife

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Canucks fan here - wouldn't have given Tanev 4 years at all and clearly Benning didn't either. When he's in the lineup, he is a solid solid shut down guy who's extremely smart and efficient. Doesn't hit or have much offense but basically has played as a #2 beside Hughes.

Hope he stays healthy for you guys...

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
One year too long but the price is right. The writing was on the wall for Brodie since the failed trade came out. Bet he was offered a similar contract here and chose TO.

Another high character defense only defenseman. I don't want to believe this is another Hamonic, but it sure feels that way. Hopefully he doesn't break his face the first week here.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I like this deal. I prefer Brodie, I can’t figure out why he’s not a Flame anymore. But I do like Tanev quite a bit. But like everyone is saying, I have concern for his health.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I don't see the Hamonic comparisons at all, Tanev was actually good before we got him and played top minutes. Hamonic had a bad year before we traded for him. Sure they are both defensive defence-man, but there's a difference when one is actually good and the other is Hamonic.

Flames have no right d in the pipeline and need a top 4 defensive guy. Tanev is way better than Hamonic ever was. Obviously I would prefer Brodie, but you need two to tango and he wasn't signing.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I don't see the Hamonic comparisons at all, Tanev was actually good before we got him and played top minutes. Hamonic had a bad year before we traded for him. Sure they are both defensive defence-man, but there's a difference when one is actually good and the other is Hamonic.

Flames have no right d in the pipeline and need a top 4 defensive guy. Tanev is way better than Hamonic ever was. Obviously I would prefer Brodie, but you need two to tango and he wasn't signing.

Keep going, I’m almost there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad