Player Discussion Chris Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
I like don't love Stewart's game. Can't help but smile whenever he scores.

The biggest thing Stewart brings is his presence. If you were to believe some of talk over the offseason stemming from Yeo and subsequently Russo, there was a bit of a divide in the room between the vets and the younger core. Which can be expected given the age gap, how they were played in relation to each other, etc. What Stewart seems to have brought is the ability to bring each together. You can tell he connects with the younger core and their interest. And he has gained the vets respect. Credit to the staff to realize what they once had in Stewart and bring him back and to Chris for seemingly having a big impact on the team. They look more like a unit and you don't see that type of divide. I think he has a lot to do with it.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Unless I was seeing things, he even had Pommer doing the '3' sign on his head after he thought he scored in the 3rd last night :laugh:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

The biggest thing Stewart brings is his presence. If you were to believe some of talk over the offseason stemming from Yeo and subsequently Russo, there was a bit of a divide in the room between the vets and the younger core. Which can be expected given the age gap, how they were played in relation to each other, etc. What Stewart seems to have brought is the ability to bring each together. You can tell he connects with the younger core and their interest. And he has gained the vets respect. Credit to the staff to realize what they once had in Stewart and bring him back and to Chris for seemingly having a big impact on the team. They look more like a unit and you don't see that type of divide. I think he has a lot to do with it.

Great post. You think that Koivu wasn't appreciative when Stewart beat the crap out of Crouse after Crouse and a couple others ganged up on the Captain? We as fans often mock and criticize such actions, but it means something to the players in the room.

Was only half joking when I said we have to call up a goon to protect Stewart. He has some flaws in his defensive game, but he has good offensive instincts. Doesn't sound like a fourth liner when you describe him like that, but it works.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
He may be a 4th liner......, but when called upon, he doesn't look out of place playing spot duty in one of the top 3 lines, either.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN

I think there's a lot to this. It seems that the presence that Stewart brings to the locker room is invaluable.

The fact that he's on pace for nearly a 20 goal season from the 4th line is absolute gravy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad