Player Discussion Chris Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
I was happy for this signing, I love what he brings and is such a likeable character. He has had his bad moments with the puck, but he's overall had a positive impact.

Shakeywalton

Jul 7, 2006
Should have never let him go! This is the exact kind of player the Wild have needed over the past 5-7 years. Team player, toughness and with enough skill where you can put him anywhere from the 1st line to the 4th and he'll produce!!

It's sad that there are some on this board who really think the physical part of the game doesn't matter.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Happy to see that I was dead wrong about him. He still is surprisingly poor along the boards and makes questionable decisions at times, but if was better at those he'd be a middle is or better player. He definitely has a nose for scoring, good speed, and soft hands.

It goes without saying that it doesn't hurt to have him around when other teams want to get thuggish, also.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I think he's found his niche and is excelling at it. I liked the signing when it happened. But didn't expect this much from him.

He has bounced around a lot the last few years: STL/Buf, Buf/MN, ANA, MN. The stability must be nice for him.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
It is shocking how much of a different player he is now on the 4th line than his previous stop-over with the Wild, where he was soft and tried to be too cute.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
It is shocking how much of a different player he is now on the 4th line than his previous stop-over with the Wild, where he was soft and tried to be too cute.

Was looking for a contract and a team to stick with I think. He knows he wanted to come back to this team and I think he found out not only the team wanted him back, but the fans.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Was looking for a contract and a team to stick with I think. He knows he wanted to come back to this team and I think he found out not only the team wanted him back, but the fans.

Agreed, and I think Boudreau being the new coach had a lot to do with it too. He's played for Boudreau in Anaheim and I think he's comfortable with Boudreau and knows what's expected of him. Throw in his friendship with Dumba and how much he enjoyed his first brief stint in Minnesota and it makes total sense. I think we were all a bit shocked at how low his cap hit was for his current contract and I think all those factors made that deal a no-brainer for him.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Just heard an interesting stat. Of the 11 Stewart goals, 10 of them have come in victories.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Just heard an interesting stat. Of the 11 Stewart goals, 10 of them have come in victories.

I mean, he's been scoring lately and we've hardly lost in two months, so not that unsurprising. :laugh:

Stewart's been everything we need him to be though. Seems like a great locker room guy and a guy that loves to have fun.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
All eat a tiny spoonful of crow on this one, wasn't a fan of the signing (mostly due to the second year), but conceded it probably wouldn't kill us as long as he was shackled to the fourth line.

But he's been an asset there after starting out slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad