Proposal: Chris Stewart to Boston

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Not interested in selling him to Boston. What do we need another late 1st rounder for?

They need to stop building a team. Many late first rounders will never be what Stewart is TODAY. He is young, not terribly expensive, and has the potential to be slightly better than he has been to date.

I see no point in moving him unless it is a gross overpayment.

LaFontaineToMogilny

Jul 16, 2013
You can have him for nothing if you just sign Leino to at least a 3 year/ 5 mil per deal and roll Claude Julien naked in flour after every loss and tar and feathers after every win.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
Nothing. Buffalo should maybe look into keeping him. Another draft pick doesnt help anything, we have enough prospects.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
You can have him for nothing if you just sign Leino to at least a 3 year/ 5 mil per deal and roll Claude Julien naked in flour after every loss and tar and feathers after every win.

Released Leino from camp today...Probably could work out your second offer though

:ghost2:

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I'd take a first for him, he won't get that much at the deadline unless he has a really good year. A couple good preseason games doesn't change what he is

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
What's Reilly Smith worth to Boston fans? Not the right timing for a trade for Buffalo but a player I covet.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
TCAvuDB.jpg

Bearbait

Mar 4, 2011
The question would be, what would Boston be willing to send to us to clear space for a 4.2 million cap hit that comes with Stewart? The Sabres front office doesn't need/want to take on bad contracts unless it benefits their long term goals. And dumping bad contracts would cost Boston draft picks, which I'm not sure they would want to do either. (and I'm not sure Boston has any really bad contracts to begin with, I haven't looked at their numbers lately)

I don't think Boston/Buffalo make good trade partners from either side of the aisle at this point in time.

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
Caron and your 2015 1st for Stewart and a conditional 2016 3rd (via STL - conditional on GMS played in NHL by Caron in 2014/15)

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Eriksson and a 2nd? Anyone?

Done, but I don't see Boston realistically making that offer. Realistically for me it would have to be a first round pick coming back in a Stewart trade and I'm not sure anyone is willing to pony that much up for a one year rental of Stewart. I'm honestly really looking forward to seeing what he can do here, I've said since we acquired him I think he'll exceed most people's expectations.

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
I'd rather sign Stewart ..

As would I, but I don't see it happening before July 1, 2015 - Stewart is worth too much at the deadline or before to just sit on him... we are still in the process of collecting assets to make final assembly of the rebuild possible.

If he is willing to come back next year ala Moulson I'm all over it...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad