Chris Stevenson: Senators have fewer than 4000 full season ticket packages sold for the 18/19 season

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
That's according to one of his recent articles on the Athletic. Pretty grim. Certainly among the worst numbers in the league I would assume.

Over/under on how many more years the team lasts in that market?

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Are they definitely getting a new arena? I know Sens fans think that will make a difference but it might be a lost cause.

Hopefully they stay in Ottawa. This is a crappy situation for their fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
This is just sens fans voting with their cash. They want Melnyk out. Would you purchase season tickets and support that circus?

Sens fans are great fans. Passionate, and love their team but they have had enough and I'm sure no one can blame them. The only power the fans have to create change, is to vote with their cash.

If Melnyk sells the team, the fans will come back in droves. They also need a better location for an arena. I hope the franchise doesnt get moved before these 2 things happen for the fans.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
This is just sens fans voting with their cash. They want Melnyk out. Would you purchase season tickets and support that circus?

Sens fans are great fans. Passionate, and love their team but they have had enough and I'm sure no one can blame them. The only power the fans have to create change, is to vote with their cash.

If Melnyk sells the team, the fans will come back in droves. They also need a better location for an arena. I hope the franchise doesnt get moved before these 2 things happen for the fans.
Forcing melnyk to move the team will show him.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Are they definitely getting a new arena? I know Sens fans think that will make a difference but it might be a lost cause.

Hopefully they stay in Ottawa. This is a crappy situation for their fans.

This is the best case scenario for the fans.

Sens fans are talking with their wallet, which is the only thing Melnyk cares about. All fingers point to him losing a lot of money every year.

As a Pens fan, you should be well aware of how hard the NHL works to keep teams in their current city.

Reactions: Tripod

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
This is the best case scenario for the fans.

Sens fans are talking with their wallet, which is the only thing Melnyk cares about. All fingers point to him losing a lot of money every year.

As a Pens fan, you should be well aware of how hard the NHL works to keep teams in their current city.

The NHL has proven somewhat selective on which teams they really fight for.

I get the concept of voting with your wallet but this will directly hurt the viability of the team. It's a double edged sword

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
The NHL has proven somewhat selective on which teams they really fight for.

I get the concept of voting with your wallet but this will directly hurt the viability of the team. It's a double edged sword

The league has seen first hand that Melnyk makes destructive comments by publically criticizing him for the comments during the outdoor game. Plus, all you have to do is look around town at the giant #MelnykOut billboards to know where the fans frustrations lie.

It’s not as black and white for relocation as “okay, the Sens aren’t selling season tickets. Let’s move them.” It’s going to be questions about if it’s a hockey market, which the Sens showed for years following the lockout. And it’s going to be a question if Ottawa fans would spend money, which they’ve shown through the CFL franchise.

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC

the risk with Melnyk selling the team, is that it will probably be relocated right after...

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
the risk with Melnyk selling the team, is that it will probably be relocated right after...

Relocation has to be approved by the league. I'm sure the league wants an NHL team in the nations capital. The NHL has watched franchises like Carolina/Florida/Phoenix limp along for a decade+ I would hope they would give the Sens every chance to stay put as well.

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
Relocation has to be approved by the league. I'm sure the league wants an NHL team in the nations capital. The NHL has watched franchises like Carolina/Florida/Phoenix limp along for a decade+ I would hope they would give the Sens every chance to stay put as well.
The league wants $$, in the end of the day both Phoenix and Carolina will be relocated.

Reactions: Pens x

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Hope the NHL steps in to mitigate the growing possibility of a relocation. So many high level bad decisions.

Feel bad for Sens fans as I am sure this is worrisome.

Not much we can say or do really. The market will decide if the team has a future here.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Good for Sens fans.

You can support the club without putting money in the pocket of their crappy owner.

This is a team that finished bottom five last year, where the three best players are about to go UFA and almost guaranteed to be sold off at the deadline, and doesn’t even own their 1st round pick.

This is a turd tornado blowing through the city at this point, I wouldn’t get season tickets in that scenario either

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad