Chris Osgood HHOF?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Is it me, or there's a nice comparison to be made with those three netminders?

- Roger Crozier
- Eddie Johnston
- Chris Osgood....

Yet none of the above ever got considered for an HHOF spot?

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
One thing I always like to consider is whether their career is over yet...and while he most likely won't add much to this career...many goalies in recent years, Belfour, Hasek, Cujo and as the years unfold Brodeur...play well into there late 30's sometimes early 40's...

in the unlikely event that Osgood is the starting goalie for the Wings for 4 more seasons...(which is a long shot..but the wings do like experience and aren't shy of old tenders see Hasek)........he has a slim chance of getting consideration

In those 4 seasons he wins 35, 42, 37, and 32 games. Those wins on Top of the wins he has already would put him borderling TOp 10-15 in the game all time.
He would have 349 + 146 = 495 career wins

If the Wings won 2 Cups in those 4 years and he was a Conn Smythe winner in 1 of them

He would have 4 Cup Wins, 1 Conn Smythe, and 495 Career wins....This atleast has to be considered...

Now the chances of this happening are very very very low....but I always like to wait until a guy retires to pass judgement...

Last edited:

Badger Bob

Is this a joke? Hells No, what's next Felix Potvin?

More or less the same thought entered my mind. Felix Potvin, Curtis Joseph, John Vanbiesbrouck, Sean Burke...Chris Osgood. Some fleeting success without ever standing out as a bona fide franchise goalie. They show plenty of inconsistency and tend to have played for several teams within their careers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad