Injury Report: Chris Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Heal fast Neiler the Sens will miss you.

He's been very good in a reduced role. No current roster player can replace his hard nosed play. They need to bring someone up.

BigBush*

I want to see a call up from Bingo to replace him. Someone that can bring 4th line energy, speed, and size. Is Buddy Robinson that guy?

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
It's really unprofessional when teams fabricate injury statements in order to give their players time off or use it as a roster management mechanism to circumvent cap restraints.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
It's really unprofessional when teams fabricate injury statements in order to give their players time off or use it as a roster management mechanism to circumvent cap restraints.

:) The Sens always have to be so creative to stay under the cap!

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I want to see a call up from Bingo to replace him. Someone that can bring 4th line energy, speed, and size. Is Buddy Robinson that guy?

With Neil hurt indefinitely it will be very interesting to see who is called up if anyone. While most on here & I imagine management too will want to reward Pageau for his hard work in Bingo to be the first call up, I would prefer Robinson. And before everyone goes crazy let me say that whenever Pageau is called up it is to play on the 4th line & I doubt this time would be any different. People on here are constantly complaining that Pageau needs to play with better players, as does Karlsson, Lazar & a bunch of others. The problems is that Pageau is not going to replace anyone in the top 6 so he has to play on the bottom six with the players we have. Can he be any more effective on the bottom six than Smith or Legwand? Somehow I doubt he will replace either of those two, in fact, unless Lazar goes to the WJC I doubt anyone from Bingo is called up & even then they still have Condra & Greening.

But if someone from Bingo is called up I would like to see Robinson play on the 4th line to see what he can bring at the NHL level at a time in the season when teams are playing much better & whether his speed can help Ottawa especially on the fore check. Look at those RWers below they just keep bigger as we go from 1st line to 4th line, I'm getting all giddy thinking about it. :laugh:

Hoffman - Zibanejad - Ryan
MacArthur - Turris - Stone
Michalek - Legwand - Chiasson
Greening - Smith - Robinson/Condra

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
With Neil hurt indefinitely it will be very interesting to see who is called up if anyone. While most on here & I imagine management too will want to reward Pageau for his hard work in Bingo to be the first call up, I would prefer Robinson. And before everyone goes crazy let me say that whenever Pageau is called up it is to play on the 4th line & I doubt this time would be any different. People on here are constantly complaining that Pageau needs to play with better players, as does Karlsson, Lazar & a bunch of others. The problems is that Pageau is not going to replace anyone in the top 6 so he has to play on the bottom six with the players we have. Can he be any more effective on the bottom six than Smith or Legwand? Somehow I doubt he will replace either of those two, in fact, unless Lazar goes to the WJC I doubt anyone from Bingo is called up & even then they still have Condra & Greening.

But if someone from Bingo is called up I would like to see Robinson play on the 4th line to see what he can bring at the NHL level at a time in the season when teams are playing much better & whether his speed can help Ottawa especially on the fore check. Look at those RWers below they just keep bigger as we go from 1st line to 4th line, I'm getting all giddy thinking about it. :laugh:

Hoffman - Zibanejad - Ryan
MacArthur - Turris - Stone
Michalek - Legwand - Chiasson
Greening - Smith - Robinson/Condra

Buddy Robinson you say? What a shocker.....:amazed:

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I would give Neil a Cortisone shot every shift and put him out there.

We miss you Neiler, come back soon! :yo:

Thank God we at least get to see you, in the Oil Changers commercials.. :laugh:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
He doesn't need to. He just needs to hit and fight to replace Neil's skill set.

Let me know when Borowiecki scores 106 goals in the NHL...

lol I know it's a sarcastic wave against this board's paranoia... but with a full roster, every player with an injury (small or not) will quickly go on the IR, instead of we never talk about it like normally...

Call up Pageau and Prince/Puempel and let lazar go to the wjc.

Ya, I hope they do that, would be a good experience for the kid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad