ATL
8467493.jpg
Chris Neil | #25

RW | 6' 1" | 209 lb

What do you think of Chris Neil's fighting? 2,522 PIMs

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
He was a solid light-heavyweight who can hang with most heavyweights. His iron chin along with his ability to sneak in the odd punch with his left hand gave his opponents fits.

I was always a fan of how he played the game; I never thought he received enough praise for how effective of a player he was on the ice. The battle of Ontario hasn't been the same with him gone.

The Professional

Sens Army Special Operations Command
Dec 4, 2005
Aylmer, Québec
Was a pure old school beast. In terms of size, he was a light heavyweight who took on everyone and gave up size more often then not at a time when behemoth goons roamed the league, and would do very well. Rarely lost fights cleanly and was only TKO'd/KO'd once. Iron chin. Sneaky ambidextrous who could throw from both sides and would often switch in the middle of a fight. Was great at enforcing; had no qualms about going after a non fighter if it was warranted and was excellent at sending messages and sticking up for teammates. Knew how to toe the line but not cross it as he was never suspended in his 16 year career. Was for my money, the best hitter in the league during his time and would just punish opponents and often led or was near the top of the league for hits. He was excellent at shifting the momentum for the Senators with a big hit or a big fight and when at home, would play to the crowd after a fight. Great leadership especially in his later years and he wore an A for the Sens. He was a huge fan favourite in Ottawa.

And fighting aside, he was also a good skater with underrated hands. Could put up points and was a good third liner in his best years and was great on the PP, willing to go to the front of the net and do the dirty work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad