Chris Kunitz and breakaways

spcastlemagic

Jul 3, 2006
Kuny's been great on his breakaway opportunities this year, but there's not anybody on the roster I'd rather have going in all alone more than Neal. I don't think I've ever seen him been stopped when he's completely undefended.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
This year he has been clutch...
I'm just thinking I'll bring this thread up when we start complaining about him and want to trade him 1-2 years from now...lol :).

Point is...
Many players have a cycle...and Kunitz is on the high end of it right now.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Kunitz has a signature move on his breakaways and he's very good at it.

Leg kick fake shot and shoot to the five hole...

Lemieux was money on breakaways pretty much with the same method minus the leg kick. He just used his wingspan to open the goalies up.

spcastlemagic

Jul 3, 2006
Lemieux was money on breakaways with... every move. He did all of the moves. Some of the stuff he did on the backhand was just pure filth.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Remember when half the board wanted to trade him during the first part of the season?

:sarcasm:

Someone needs to make a meme.

"Trolled relentlessly by HFBoards... ends up being 8th highest scoring player in the league, top 10 in goals"

Last edited:

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Lemieux was money on breakaways with... every move. He did all of the moves. Some of the stuff he did on the backhand was just pure filth.

It was like player shooting a free throw. You were mad at Mario when he didn't score. He was so good, it was expected of him to score on breakaways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad