Chris Kunitz and breakaways

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
If he was the best, I'm sure we'd see him in shootouts.

Like we do. I can't tell if that was sarcasm or not.

He does really seem to be able to pull that move off in "game speed" which is great. Malkin and Neal's break-aways don't seem to translate well from their good shootout conversion %.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Well its actually 2 types of shots on the same move. 5 hole or short side...he gets it off quick so I'd have to imagine that's hard to stop

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Yup. Crosbar then Geno then ... not sure... maybe Neal. With a little deek to buy him a extra half second that release is pretty wicked.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
All this talk of breakaways and shootouts makes me remember how great Kris Letang was in the SO for like a month and then it just stopped. What a weird happening.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
All this talk of breakaways and shootouts makes me remember how great Kris Letang was in the SO for like a month and then it just stopped. What a weird happening.

And for a long time Crosby was average and Malkin was terrible, now they're both almost automatic. My world is all askew.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Anderson is usually very good on breakaways, for what it's worth.

So Kunitz definitely did well there.

Or Andy had an off-night, the 3rd goal was a softy.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Anderson is usually very good on breakaways, for what it's worth.

So Kunitz definitely did well there.

Or Andy had an off-night, the 3rd goal was a softy.

It was, but I noticed something else (different than thread subject) on the Kunitz goal, the Iginla goal, and the time Iginla walked right in and Andy stopped him. Your defense is cheating to take away Malkin, even when there's someone in a far more threatening position to score. The two Iggy plays, a Senators defender could've been there but was out of position because he went to take away Malkin. The Kunitz goal . . . the Sens defenders converged on Malkin streaking but didn't notice Kunitz streaking ahead of him. Andy wasn't good, but the team defense hung him out a bit last night.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
And for a long time Crosby was average and Malkin was terrible, now they're both almost automatic. My world is all askew.

very true. It all seemed to turn around in 2010-2011? I think Sid was like 80% before getting Steckled.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad