• Kreider

Votes: 74 71.2%
  • Wilson

Votes: 30 28.8%

• Total voters

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I would take Tom Wilson over most players in the league if he ever decides to start taking runs at other teams best players. Which is the whole point of having him on a 1st line. Until then it's Krieder

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Surprised Wilson has as many votes as he does. Yea his physical intimidation is nice, but Kreider is simply the better hockey player.

Also, it’s not like we’re comparing a pure skill player to Wilson. Kreider is a handful physically as well, and a great forechecker. He’s also one of the best net-front players in the league, and is both a strong special teams and 5v5 player. Wilson is as well, but I just don’t see what you’re gaining with him other than some teams being scared he might do something stupid, and a handful of fights.

Last edited:
Reactions: JaegerDice

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Kinda shocked with poll but for Canucks Wilson all day long. Having a guy that can play on top line and hang with anyone in league physically no brainer for me.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
I value points over hits, so Kreider. If I had a good Top6 and needed physicality I`d take Wilson, but in a vacuum its Kreider every day.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yes I was thank you.

Am I missing something here Rangers fans always were looking for someone to play against Wilson hence signing Reeves once I believe.

This article even alludes to that fact.

Right, Kreider wouldn't "play against Wilson" because he's too busy being way better than Wilson.

Wilson is a solid top six player who certainly adds an extra dimension, nobody is denying that. Meanwhile, Kreider is legitimately one of the better LW's in the league.

download (7).png

download (8).png

This is a bit of an apples to oranges comparison, outside of both guys being rather large, but there's a clear answer.

Reactions: JaegerDice and Lua

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Right, Kreider wouldn't "play against Wilson" because he's too busy being way better than Wilson.

Wilson is a solid top six player who certainly adds an extra dimension, nobody is denying that. Meanwhile, Kreider is legitimately one of the better LW's in the league.

View attachment 737937

View attachment 737938

This is a bit of an apples to oranges comparison, outside of both guys being rather large, but there's a clear answer.
Outside of Kreider's career year he's a 50 point player and Wilson is a 40 point player. Offensively Kreider is clearly ahead. However Wilson brings an edge that tips the scales in his favour for myself. I can see someone taking Kreider for his offense but this is much closer than the poll shows in my opinion at least. However if the majority says Kreider maybe I'm wrong.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Outside of Kreider's career year he's a 50 point player and Wilson is a 40 point player. Offensively Kreider is clearly ahead. However Wilson brings an edge that tips the scales in his favour for myself. I can see someone taking Kreider for his offense but this is much closer than the poll shows in my opinion at least. However if the majority says Kreider maybe I'm wrong.
You're underselling the offensive gap a bit. Since 2016-17, Kreider is averaging about 35 goals and 60 points every 82 games. A big reason for his increase in production is simply that he's finally healthy.

Kreider also brings a lot of intangibles as well. He's low-key elite defensively, so there's that. He's also a physically dominant player in his own right, just in a different way. While Wilson can throw guys off their games with his shenanigans, Kreider is absolutely dominant along the boards and one of the best cyclers/possession drivers in the league.

Personally, I prefer Kreider's understated board play in the physical department. How often is Wilson really going out of his way to stir the pot? A few times a year? Kreider controls the boards every night.

Reactions: 82Ninety42011

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Uh, what?

Kreider isn't tough, I believe that's what that poster was referring to with Wilson.

Wilson's toughness is extremely overrated. Hits, picks his spots (heads), but an overrated fighter and only relevant in a top six role due to playing with two superstars his career. As complementary as a player can be. Middle six winger on a different team.

Kreider is the only choice.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
It really depends how your team is built. If I have a great top 5 already, I'm taking Wilson. If I'm looking to add because my top 6 has a big weakness, I'm taking Kreider.

Reactions: 82Ninety42011

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
You're underselling the offensive gap a bit. Since 2016-17, Kreider is averaging about 35 goals and 60 points every 82 games. A big reason for his increase in production is simply that he's finally healthy.

Kreider also brings a lot of intangibles as well. He's low-key elite defensively, so there's that. He's also a physically dominant player in his own right, just in a different way. While Wilson can throw guys off their games with his shenanigans, Kreider is absolutely dominant along the boards and one of the best cyclers/possession drivers in the league.

Personally, I prefer Kreider's understated board play in the physical department. How often is Wilson really going out of his way to stir the pot? A few times a year? Kreider controls the boards every night.
I did say Kreider is clearly ahead offensively but didn't realize he wasn't healthy before. Maybe I haven't seen him enough to be honest on West Coast here so barring odd game through year I'm going by mostly highlights here.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Wilson's toughness is extremely overrated. Hits, picks his spots (heads), but an overrated fighter and only relevant in a top six role due to playing with two superstars his career. As complementary as a player can be. Middle six winger on a different team.

Kreider is the only choice.
Tom wilson is as good as peak Lucic (maybe not as a fighter, Lucic fought better fighters and won/drew some heavy weight tilts)

If you think Wilson is a middle sixer than lucic 2010-2017 was a middle sixer too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad