Player Discussion Chris Kreider

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Yeah but I thought his all would be better. I always thought he would be the power forward in the mold of Jagr. But he never had the puck control,... of even that of Dubinsky. And after his debut in the playoffs when he first came here,.. everyone expected more. It's just irritating he is now the power forward we always thought he would be.
Jagr was a once in a lifetime freak of nature. You can't compare Kreider to a center. Wings are totally different. Kreider has really grown since the rebuild started after he came back after that blood clot scare.

Reactions: ohbaby

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Carp knows nothing
Larry knows nothing

Gorton and Kreider’s agent aren’t talking to anyone. Which can be taken as either a positive or negative depending on what you want to have happen

Also Kreider playing the best hockey of his life right before he may hit a big payday makes me go “Hmm”

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Jagr was a once in a lifetime freak of nature. You can't compare Kreider to a center. Wings are totally different. Kreider has really grown since the rebuild started after he came back after that blood clot scare

Exactly. That’s what I mean by unrealistic expectations. From what remember CK was suppose to be a real good top 6 player which is what happened but some got it in their heads after the 2012 playoffs that he was suppose to be a superstar

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Carp knows nothing
Larry knows nothing

Gorton and Kreider’s agent aren’t talking to anyone. Which can be taken as either a positive or negative depending on what you want to have happen

Also Kreider playing the best hockey of his life right before he may hit a big payday makes me go “Hmm”

It pisses me off because we all knew he could play like this, but apparently he didnt want to.

Reactions: Oscar Lindberg

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Jagr was a once in a lifetime freak of nature. You can't compare Kreider to a center. Wings are totally different. Kreider has really grown since the rebuild started after he came back after that blood clot scare.

Exactly. That’s what I mean by unrealistic expectations. From what remember CK was suppose to be a real good top 6 player which is what happened but some got it in their heads after the 2012 playoffs that he was suppose to be a superstar

No one expected a superstar like Jagr. Let's get real. I was making reference to puck control that most big guys have an advantage for, with their reach and strength. But for most of his career, my baby sister had better hands than Kreider. All you had to do is tap him and he'd lose the puck. So when I saw this performance last night, I was in awe. Never seen him so strong on the puck.

Dubinsky learned a lot from Jagr. His puck control improved dramatically when Jagr arrived. We had Rick Nash and others and Kreids never really improved in that area. Until Now. I'm not much for coincidences. He is playing his tail off for a big payday.

Look, how can anyone want Kreider to leave after being on fire. And even with his weak hands, in years past, he made an impact. Come On He Bleeds Rangers Blue!

But if we are serious, we need to come to grips. Zucc led the Rangers in scoring for 3 or 4 years. Hayes was an up and comer with a bright future. The best we can hope for is to see him play this weekend, cause they may sit him just to be safe.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I say f*ck it. Just re-sign him. There will be ways to get out of the contract if it goes sour towards the end. Why break up the KZB line and Mika’s bromance with him.

Yup

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 7.56.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 7.56.55 PM.png
    77.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 7.56.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 7.56.41 PM.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 11

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Like many here I hate Kreider's "absences".

And the fact that he has chosen this precise moment in time to play like a hockey God. Like I've never seen him play before is just....great.

Nevertheless, I say sign him. Here's why:

Some obvious (to me anyway) points.

1) We won't get back what we're giving away.
2) We need some homegrown vets in this rebuild...and the kids seem to like & respect Kreids.
3) We will be further from the playoffs w/o him and, I think we get to the playoffs faster and go deeper if we keep him.
4) I can't think of a player I'd rather have causing havoc in front of the other teams net during a playoff game.
5)I think he'll be a solid contributor for years to come. Even with his inconsistency.

That's what I got.

It's up to Gorts and Kreids. I hope they can work it out.

Just don't trade him to the Fing Isles. That would really piss me off.

Reactions: NYRangers0723

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
What bothers me more than anything, is what effect Kreider leaving has on this team's immediate chances. On principle, it shouldn't be much, because we are playing well due to strong defensive play. But his leadership, and offensive abilities will surely be missed.

Right now, we have a chance to make up ground on the teams directly ahead of us. PHI, CBJ, CAR and Isles all play west coast teams the next 4 or 5 games. There are no head to head battles like last night between PHI and CBJ in which they gained 3 pts by going into OT. So the time is now to gain ground. That might be hard to do without him.

The only division games coming up are between us with PHI twice, CAR and NYI. If everything goes well within the next 6 games,.. we could be in a playoff spot. How freaking nuts is that?

Last edited:
Reactions: RGY

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad