Player Discussion Chris Kreider

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I feel like he has transitioned into almost completely a net front guy and even his board work has kind of suffered these days…he’s not that active in the cycle now and seems to half heartedly skate to pucks. But he keeps putting them in the net so you do you Kreider

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I feel like he has transitioned into almost completely a net front guy and even his board work has kind of suffered these days…he’s not that active in the cycle now and seems to half heartedly skate to pucks. But he keeps putting them in the net so you do you Kreider

There’s no reason he can’t do both.

But like you said, not doing the other stuff matters less when he’s scoring.

• Love
Reactions: leetch99

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
There has to be a reason we don’t know why he didn’t get the “C”. We aren’t in that locker room and can only assume the reason. But on the ice and interviews it really makes me wonder.

Reactions: Kords

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Went for a walk for coffee just now and was thinking about last night. Me and most of the fanbase get on this guy alot, but it really hit me how depressed i'm gonna be when he's gone. I don't think he's leaving anytime soon, but when he does i'm gonna be bummed. Hope he can get a cup in NY, he's been a good Ranger and possibly the last to wear the number 20.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
He’s by far the most successful rangers forward draft pick since….Amonte? Lol
Arguably their best pick in the post lockout era outside goalies

Reactions: haveandare

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
There has to be a reason we don’t know why he didn’t get the “C”. We aren’t in that locker room and can only assume the reason. But on the ice and interviews it really makes me wonder.

I don’t care either way, maybe he just didn’t want it, but I feel like he does everything a captain does anyways. Feel like he speaks to the media everyday, gives real answers, seems like a guy everyone in the room likes, and is respected.

I hope the Rangers finish the job tomorrow so this series by CK isn’t forgotten.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's

My guess is that he's a quieter and more self-contained guy than most. Very possible that both him and ZBad just keep to themselves in the lockerroom for the most part.

Captaincy talks are always kind of moot, because as you said, none of us have the inside knowledge of how all the guys interact together. But Kreider definitely looks like the guy from our perspective.

Last edited:

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Kreider has the 9th most points among players drafted in 2009. Among the 8 ahead of him, only Tyson Barrie (picked 64th) and Ryan O'Reilly (picked 33rd) were drafted after him (both by Colorado).

During the regular season, Kreider is 4th overall in goals and 2nd overall in goals per game in his draft class.

In the playoffs, Kreider is 3rd overall in both goals and goals per game in his draft class.

Kreider is 6th overall in his draft class in plus/minus at +107.

To this day, Montreal fans still cry about him crashing into Price, even though it was clearly Emelin's fault. I think the real reason for their butthurt is because they know they could have drafted Kreider, but took Louis Leblanc instead.

Last edited:

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
IMG_6839.jpeg

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Kreider turning into Cam Neely post pandemic is kinda the upside we were all hoping for when he was originally drafted all those years ago. No one is gonna wear #20 for this team again
Only 3 goals from tying Bathgate for 4th overall, and 11 from catching Graves. He'll need to average 36 goals this year and next to pass Ratelle. He's still 137 goals from Gilbert.

They have Kreider at 411 for adjusted goals. I assume that means era-adjusted. That's just 11 behind Bill Cook.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Only 3 goals from tying Bathgate for 4th overall, and 11 from catching Graves. He'll need to average 36 goals this year and next to pass Ratelle. He's still 137 goals from Gilbert.

They have Kreider at 411 for adjusted goals. I assume that means era-adjusted. That's just 11 behind Bill Cook.

That's some good company right there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad