Player Discussion Chris Kreider

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I like Kreider but all this assuming that Gorton made some mistake by not giving in to his demands is ridiculous. Also the assumption that it's his evil agent asking for too much. Everyone is doing what they're paid to do. It's a business. Players, through their agents, get what they can. They have a limited time to make what they can for their unique talents. The team must make decisions based on building a team to win within the confines of league rules. Fans take it personally, but to twist the results to fit your personal wants isn't fair.

If Kreider's wouldn't come down closer to something the team could bear then they must make the best trade they can.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Chances on Kreider signs with his new team like Mark Stone did to give Rangers more back in a trade?

May Rih

Jul 27, 2015
Losing Kreider is going to hurt this team a lot. He's a leader in the locker room & potential future captain. He's played a major role in the team's recent resurgence, and has such a unique skillset that you know the Rangers will be trying to replace for years to come.

Having said that, trading him at the deadline still feels like the right move long-term. I look at it as managing risk - by signing Kreider, you'd be risking a lot of potential future opportunities (assets, cap space, roster spots) hoping for a short-term reward through a single means. Or, you can trade him to gain those opportunities (which may or may not get you what you need to win) but will guarantee you won't do it with him on your team.

If I'm running the Rangers, and I'm seeing where the team is at on our maturity curve today and where our window projects to open and close, I'm 100% going with the futures play on this one.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Chances on Kreider signs with his new team like Mark Stone did to give Rangers more back in a trade?

If getting Brannstrom and a 2nd was considered more since Stone signed I hate to think what they would have gotten for him without the contract

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I'm honestly shocked the offers are that low. Yeah he doesn't have the best stats but he's way more valuable than that.

I was thinking a guaranteed 8.5-9%

JC704

Jan 6, 2012
I'm definitely in the minority. I think trading him will be a huge mistake. I just don't think anything they'd get back in a trade would justify losing an established top six player with a unique skillset, a crazy work ethic, a team leader in the locker room, and somebody who undoubtedly complements their top center.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I'm definitely in the minority. I think trading him will be a huge mistake. I just don't think anything they'd get back in a trade would justify losing an established top six player with a unique skillset, a crazy work ethic, a team leader in the locker room, and somebody who undoubtedly complements their top center.
At what cost?

Unusual Suspect

Aug 22, 2005
Warren County, NJ
The "sell-off" portion of the rebuild is over... and yet I suspect today is going to rip the guts out of that room in a way even beyond the last two deadlines. Kreider... AND Fast? And maybe (though very unlikely) even Staal and/or Lundqvist? This is what it is, but I'm terribly disappointed in how both the CK and goal situations have turned out. No blame on anyone, just..... s***. :(

Gr8CornHolio

Feb 20, 2020
Just out of curiosity where did this myth that power forwards with speed don't age well come from. A lot of these guys age very well, since once their speed is deteriorates they can rely on their strength to fend off players.

Examples:

Gordie Howe
Jaromir Jagr
Claude Lemieux
Shane Doan
Joe Thorton
Jerome Iginla
Eric Staal

Obviously im not putting Kreider at this skill level but physical attributes and style of play are similar

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
It’s bullshit is what it is.

Kreider is not even 29 years old. He’ll play all of next season before his 30th Bday. A 6 year deal takes him to 34 not 40. Absurd to think he can’t play well thru those years considering what he is as an athlete

Reactions: Ardi44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad